Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Embedding YouTube Custom Player code

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 August 2009, 2:57

Hi,

For me it is not possible to embed code from YouTube's custom player. Do you know anything about this issue?

Here an example:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

<object width="416" height="337"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/cp/vjVQa1PpcFMRfAC4VaowIDscAS5N7pumkcwobiDRY4M="></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/cp/vjVQa1PpcFMRfAC4VaowIDscAS5N7pumkcwobiDRY4M=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="416" height="337"></embed></object>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Kind regards,

Jonas

Account deleted

09 August 2009, 17:16

Hi Jonas - where abouts are you using that embed code? Does it work in the youtube block in a View, or maybe in a textbox or blog post - or does it work in none of these places?
Account deleted

10 August 2009, 0:45

Hi Nigel,

I have tested in the youtube block in a View, and in a blog post; and there the code does not work.

Cheers,

Jonas

Account deleted

10 August 2009, 20:22

Hi - I just tried it, it seems youtube are serving those videos with a URL that the youtube filter couldn't handle. I'm fixing that up now, so it should work in the next version of Mahara Smile

Technical detail - most videos are served from youtube.com/v/[id], but your one seemed to be from youtube.com/cp/[id], so I've made the filters aware of that. 

Account deleted

10 August 2009, 23:08

Great Nigel!

Jonas Smile

Account deleted

19 May 2011, 21:36

Hi there,

I have just noticed the same problem is happening again with youtube. Can you please allow any addittional filters to make it work again?

Cheers, Heidi

Account deleted

19 May 2011, 22:58

Hi Heidi, what version of Mahara are you using? And could you please provide an example embed or iframe fragment of what you're trying to use?

7 results