Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
command-line upgrade from21.04.1 to 22.04.2

Michael Gray's profile picture

29 October 2022, 6:26

Hello fellow mahara admins,

php 7.2.24, mariadb 10.3.28 - all working fine under 21.04.1.

Upgrade to 22.04.2.  Package extracted & copied fine, config.php amended accordingly.  upgrade.php executed according to admin guide.

The attached screenshot shows failed output.  It would seem to suggest a php config issue.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Appreciate any assistance.

Regards,

Mike Gray

Robert Gordons University.

• Upgrade-to-22.04.2-fail.jpg
Robert Lyon's profile picture

29 October 2022, 11:00

Hi Michael,

It looks like you need this fix. Where it was mishandling the groupid when an integer.

https://reviews.mahara.org/c/mahara/+/13080

Please let me know if that sorts your problem.

Cheers

Robert

01 November 2022, 4:48

Hello Robert,

Many thanks for supplying that fix.  It did indeed allow me to get further in the upgrade process.

However, I seem to have come to an issue with 'blocktype_verification_comment' & 'blocktype_verification_undo'

The error reported suggests that the upgrade is trying to create these pre-existing tables and the upgrade process terminates.

If I delete those tables, further progress is made but the upgrade process seems to hang.

The attached screenshot complains about the pre-existence of these 2 tables & if I delete those 2 tables & re-run, this doesn't seem to solve it either.

Have you come across this behaviour before?

Regards,

Mike Gray.

• mahara-upgrade-fail.png

01 November 2022, 7:05

Hello Robert,

Please accept my apologies for my previous posting.  The upgrade process did eventually complete, I can only assume I didn't allow sufficient time (after I deleted the blocktype_verification_comment & blocktype_verification_undo tables to get the upgrade process to continue working that is to say).

It sat at 'Fetching potential broken pre-gridstack layouts ...' for an absolute age but seems to have completed the upgrade (approx 49 minutes).

Regards,

Mike Gray.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

10 November 2022, 8:06

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear that your upgrade completed. Some database upgrades can take a long time (even more than 2 hours) if there is a lot of data to go through when you have a large site.

Cheers

Kristina

5 results