Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Can't change Smart Evidence Framework

23 August 2022, 22:00

We can't seem to be able to edit our Smart Evidence Frameworks. Only one can be edited.

Any idea why this is?

1. I'm administrator
  2. Some Frameworks are enabled, some disabled
  3. Some are in an institution, some are not

Video here: https://youtu.be/sUnY1oE_OSk

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

25 August 2022, 8:16

Hi Richard,

You can only edit a framework when it is inactive and when it hasn't already been used. We implemented this restriction so that frameworks don't suddenly change when students have already started mapping their evidence as that could change the entire meaning. Instead, you would copy the framework, make your adjustments and set the old framework to 'inactive'. That way, students who've already started using the old framework can continue with it, but others that haven't started yet, won't see it thus choosing the new framework.

Cheers

Kristina

30 August 2022, 0:07

Thanks Kristina,

Can you tell me what is the best way to do this scenario then?

1. We set up a framework

2. We show it to teachers

3. Teachers give us feedback, we want to change the framework

4. After a couple of sessions, we make the framework final

What we do now is set up a framework and a collection. That way a teacher can see what the setup will look like.

However, if we repeat step 2 and 3 a couple of times, we end up with copying the same framework every time when we want to adjust/fine tune it.

Is this the correct way? It feels more logical to edit a framework until it is set to active, but if that's not the way it works then we will use another way.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

30 August 2022, 8:59

Hi Richard,

If you want to confirm the framework with teachers, the way to do it right now is a bit round about (patches are welcome). If all you want them to check that the wording is correct and there are no mistakes, I suggest the following:

1. Confirm all formal requirements for the framework with your team.
  2. Set up the framework and make it active.
  3. Add it to one of your own collections, but don't add annotations to a page. This would only be necessary, if teachers should also give feedback on the workflow, which doesn't seem to be part of the brief as far as I understand.
  4. Get feedback on what should change on the formal wording of the framework.
  5. Remove the framework from your collection.
  6. Set the framework as inactive and edit it.
  7. Rinse and repeat until you have agreement that you can make the framework public.

Thank you

Kristina

4 results