Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Adding Notes to Group Pages Hang

Ali Hastie's profile picture

03 August 2022, 0:23

Hi

Using Mahara 22.04.2 version.

When we try and add the Notes block within a group Mahara page, the block just hangs and does not load. Adding Notes to personal Mahara pages works fine. Tried through Chrome and Edge.

Notes Hang.png.1

Cheers

Ali

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

04 August 2022, 12:50

Hi Ali,

I can't replicate this problem. When saving doesn't happen, it's usually that there is a JavaScript error. Can you please check the console? In Chrome, make a right mouse click on the page -> Inspect element -> Switch to 'Console' and reload the page and try to do the action again.

Thank you

Kristina

05 August 2022, 5:09

Hi Krisitina,

I believe I hit the same issue. Following output of the console:

Uncaught Error: Invalid `previewsContainer` option provided. Please provide a CSS selector or a plain HTML element. at b.getElement () at new i () at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> () at e () at t ()

I hope it is the same issue and it helps.

regards
Markus

05 August 2022, 18:08

Good morning together!

@Kristina: Markus is my admin, I am happy to have his support!

When I tried this this morning, there was still the problem with the hanging page, but when I reloaded the page, the upload worked and the graphic was displayed.

But I got the following messages:

Failed to get a recordset: mysqli error: [0: ] in EXECUTE("SELECT DISTINCT agg.* FROM (SELECT a.id, a.id AS b FROM "artefact" a LEFT JOIN "tag" t ON t.resourcetype = 'artefact' AND a.id = t.resourceid LEFT OUTER JOIN ( SELECT r.artefact, r.can_view, r.can_edit, m.group FROM "group_member" m JOIN "artefact" aa ON aa.group = m.group JOIN "artefact_access_role" r ON aa.id = r.artefact AND r.role = m.role WHERE m.group = ? AND m.member = ? AND r.can_view = 1 ) ga ON (ga.group = a.group AND a.id = ga.artefact) WHERE (a.institution = 'mahara' OR ga.can_view = 1 OR a.owner = ?) AND a.id = 620) AS agg")Command was: SELECT DISTINCT agg.* FROM (SELECT a.id, a.id AS b FROM "artefact" a LEFT JOIN "tag" t ON t.resourcetype = 'artefact' AND a.id = t.resourceid LEFT OUTER JOIN ( SELECT r.artefact, r.can_view, r.can_edit, m.group FROM "group_member" m JOIN "artefact" aa ON aa.group = m.group JOIN "artefact_access_role" r ON aa.id = r.artefact AND r.role = m.role WHERE m.group = ? AND m.member = ? AND r.can_view = 1 ) ga ON (ga.group = a.group AND a.id = ga.artefact) WHERE (a.institution = 'mahara' OR ga.can_view = 1 OR a.owner = ?) AND a.id = 620) AS agg and values was (0:27)

Failed to get a recordset: mysqli error: [0: ] in EXECUTE("SELECT DISTINCT agg.* FROM (SELECT a.id, a.id AS b FROM "artefact" a LEFT JOIN "tag" t ON t.resourcetype = 'artefact' AND a.id = t.resourceid LEFT OUTER JOIN ( SELECT r.artefact, r.can_view, r.can_edit, m.group FROM "group_member" m JOIN "artefact" aa ON aa.group = m.group JOIN "artefact_access_role" r ON aa.id = r.artefact AND r.role = m.role WHERE m.group = ? AND m.member = ? AND r.can_view = 1 ) ga ON (ga.group = a.group AND a.id = ga.artefact) WHERE (a.institution = 'mahara' OR ga.can_view = 1 OR a.owner = ?) AND a.id = 632) AS agg")Command was: SELECT DISTINCT agg.* FROM (SELECT a.id, a.id AS b FROM "artefact" a LEFT JOIN "tag" t ON t.resourcetype = 'artefact' AND a.id = t.resourceid LEFT OUTER JOIN ( SELECT r.artefact, r.can_view, r.can_edit, m.group FROM "group_member" m JOIN "artefact" aa ON aa.group = m.group JOIN "artefact_access_role" r ON aa.id = r.artefact AND r.role = m.role WHERE m.group = ? AND m.member = ? AND r.can_view = 1 ) ga ON (ga.group = a.group AND a.id = ga.artefact) WHERE (a.institution = 'mahara' OR ga.can_view = 1 OR a.owner = ?) AND a.id = 632) AS agg and values was (0:27)

Frohes Schaffen!
Wolfgang

Robert Lyon's profile picture

09 August 2022, 15:19

Hi Wolfgang,

That error looks to have been fixed in this patch -> https://reviews.mahara.org/c/mahara/+/12960

Cheers

Robert

Doris ⚡'s profile picture

09 August 2022, 15:57

Hi everyone,

The issue of the note block hanging is not happening in the latest 'main' code anymore. It was fixed by an unrelated patch at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1973479. Can you please apply that patch and give it a go? We do not yet have a date for the next minor point release.

Extra note:

When refreshing the page when the group block hangs, the block still gets created but is placed on the page. Upon dragging the block around, I was able to replicate your error block.

Thank you

Doris

10 August 2022, 2:31

Will check it tonight!

11 August 2022, 21:02

Hi Doris,

the patch mentioned by Robert ( patch ->12960 ) solved it. Tested in 22.04.2

Thanks everybody!

regards
Markus

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

16 August 2022, 20:00