Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Image Rotation in Text-Blocks

26 October 2021, 19:27

Hello,

we have a problem with rotating images that are included in text-blocks. When rotated by button in the files-area some images are rotated, some are not (?)

Image rotation in image-blocks although works fine.

Unfortunately it is a common scenario for universities, that work with Mahara, to create group-pages, where each student may edit one text-block only. So using both image block AND textblock is not an option.

Janni

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

27 October 2021, 8:08

Hi Janni,

Could you spot a pattern when images are shown rotated and when they are not shown rotated? Does it depend on the browser or anything else?

Thank you

Kristina

28 October 2021, 3:07

This has nothing to do with Mahara and is a common problem when uploading photos to any website.

It has to do with picture-files that contain a hard orientation in the metadata (EXIF).

More info here: https://sirv.com/help/articles/rotate-photos-to-be-upright/

There are tools to fix this, but the best option to fix this is learn how to take the picture the right way :)

28 October 2021, 20:49

Thank you for your help,

so far I can't see a pattern. Emptying the Browsercache helped in most cases, but not all. Meanwhile I think it depends on a "slow" server, because some images show the rotation a few minutes later ...

Thanks for the explanation with the exif-information, that solved a lot of my other problems with rotating images :-)

Janni

4 results