Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Only Admin can create a group that can accept the evaluation

Kemoko KEITA's profile picture

07 September 2021, 21:47

Hello

I am on Mahara 21.04, I want work with the smart evidence.

But I noticed that only the site admin can create the group that can accept the submission of portfolios for evaluation. Any other members can't even the institution admin. I mean the options ''Allow submissions'', ''Allow archiving submissions'' are not seen except by the site admin.

Is that normal ? Or is there anything configuration I should do to fix this ?

I tried to give the admin role to another user but that doesn't work too. If I give admin role to an user it doesn't work.

Any help Please

Thanks

Kemoko

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

08 September 2021, 7:43

Hi Kemoko,

That is definitely not normal. If site administrators can create groups and allow submissions so should institution administrators. You can give that a go on the demo site which runs Mahara 21.04.

To be on the safe side, please check your general group settings under Admin menu -> Configure site -> Site options -> Group settings. There you can decide who can create groups. Site and institution administrators are all grouped as 'Administrators' under 'Create groups'.

If you don't want someone to have administrator permissions, but still allow them to create groups that allow for submissions, you can give them the staff permission in your institution. That will allow them to see those settings then.

Cheers

Kristina

Kemoko KEITA's profile picture

08 September 2021, 21:37

Hello Kristina

Thank your answer. It work now. I found this very logic.

I understand. Thanks for your help

Cheers

Kemoko

3 results