/**
 * CleanUrl
 */
$cfg->cleanurls = true;
$cfg->cleanurluserdefault = 'u';
$cfg->cleanurlgroupdefault = 'g';
$cfg->cleanurlviewdefault = 'p';
$cfg->cleanurlinstitutiondefault = 'i';

But the last entry for institutions is not working - all others are working!
Can't institutions have cleanURLs too?

Robert Lyon's profile picture

01 July 2021, 10:45

Hi Andi,

There is no setting called 'cleanurlinstitutiondefault' - nor does it make sense in the Mahara system.

As an institution is a broad way of grouping things / defining rules but not an actual destination like a homepage.

When a person is logged it they traverse the site based on the rules of the institution(s) that they belong to.

It is only within the administration section that one can view institution specific things - and we've not looked into getting cleanurl stuff working for the admin section yet.

Cheers

Robert

Andi Becker's profile picture

01 July 2021, 13:17

Ah OK Robert

that means the institutions are also not visible form public and can't be called from public unless a specific page gets installed for them.

It would actually be good if cleanURLs are working for all URLs, no matter if backend or frontend. It makes especially also support much much easier than always having people to spell those long paths.

Nevertheless it would be good to have the ability to rewrite that "institution" path to a simple "I" like we did already with Users "u", Pages "p", groups "g"

We here in Thailand really have keep things in English language - so the paths - as simple as possible

Thanks
Andi

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

04 July 2021, 20:24

Hi Andi,

That would be a wishlist item. You are welcome to implement this if it makes sense for you. At the time when clean URLs were implemented, there were not many institution portfolios created and thus there wasn't a need to have them in a pretty URL format and the focus went to personal and group portfolios as those are the majority that are shared.

Cheers

Kristina

05 July 2021, 19:29

Thanks for letting me know. I simply want to make Mahara more attractive for institutions and definitely now point would be that institutions can post also their own institutions and that path than of course needs to be flexible like the one of users pages groups already.

And institution which sees a value also for their own institution and departments is more willing to implement Sahara into their workflow as it would increasingly customer satisfaction and for sure also usability.

School classes could create a Members list a School their organization structure incl contact details.

05 July 2021, 19:29

Thanks for letting me know. I simply want to make Mahara more attractive for institutions and definitely now point would be that institutions can post also their own institutions and that path than of course needs to be flexible like the one of users pages groups already.

And institution which sees a value also for their own institution and departments is more willing to implement Sahara into their workflow as it would increasingly customer satisfaction and for sure also usability.

School classes could create a Members list a School their organization structure incl contact details.

6 results