Editing Wall / Feedback Comments

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 July 2009, 10:21

Hello,

As far as I am aware it is not possible to moderate / edit either:

• Feedback left on a view
  • Comments left on a users wall

Can anyone tell me whether these features are likely to be added in the near future?

Thanks

Account deleted

28 July 2009, 15:17

In 1.2 you can delete comments on the wall. We haven't deal with feedback yet - there is a feature request open about it.

They'll be added when we can.. naturally, funding alters priorities, though such features can probably be implemented in just a few hours of work when we have the time (maybe when bugfixing for the 1.2 stable release?)

Account deleted

29 July 2009, 6:09

Cool, how is funding going for Mahara, do you have enough work coming in to keep developing it?
Account deleted

29 July 2009, 8:08

Hello Jez,

I don´t know if this could help you in the meantime:

users always have the possibility of changing a comment status from "public" to "private".  Furthermore, I think that only users who are friends of other users can write posts in someone´s wall .Therefore, the possibility of displaying offensive comments-messages are low if you configure your access rights carefully .

If the user can delete the feedback from views, artefact, etc, I can see a potential conflict if tutors use that facility for monitoring their students´progress.

Regards

Regards

Account deleted

29 July 2009, 18:52

Hi - I'm not sure the wall is limited to just friends, actually. I wonder if it should be...
Dirk Meyer's profile picture

30 July 2009, 0:21

I can post to someone's wall without being friends with them. I think its good to do that. It encourages spontaneous feedback. I can not however either edit or delete my post once submitted. Editing capabilities of wall posts would be nice just as it is possible with comments in a forum just for continuity, but its not essential IMO.
Account deleted

29 July 2009, 18:51

It's not going too bad - we've had two or three funded projects on the go, which keep us covered, but of course the issue with that is those developers can't then work on the core stuff full time. A couple of those projects are drawing to a close though, which is giving us a chance to focus on 1.2 for the next while.
Account deleted

30 July 2009, 4:58

I thought that the wall was limited only to friends (probably I got the idea from Facebook). If not, It is good that in Mahara 1.2, users have the choice of deleting comments in their walls, as otherwise, it would leave the door open for potential ciber-bullying (I am thinking about schools)
Account deleted

30 July 2009, 18:23

Indeed. We also recently added a character limit to posts (configurable, defaults to 1500 characters). We've seen some users try to post huge amounts of text to other walls in order to crash their profile pages.

Adding edit controls is a good idea, and definitely something we should do. 

9 results