Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
If you delete an institution that has members, you will not be able to log in.

AB-Net's profile picture

26 May 2021, 3:38

Hi,

I have set the site administrator as the institution's administrator.

I deleted the institution without removing the institution administrator from the institution.

Site administrators who were administrator of the institution can no longer log in after deleting the institution.

Isn't it a bug that members can't log in if they delete an institute?

If the institution administrator who is unable to log in is the only administrator for the site, is there a way for someone to log in and manage the site as the site administrator?

Thank you.

AB-Net.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

31 May 2021, 20:58

Hi AB-Net,

You cannot delete an institution as long as there are still members in it, including the site administrator. Furthermore, if there is only one site administrator left on the site, you cannot delete their account. A warning will be presented to you. If that is not the case, please check your customisations, not that they invalidated those two checks.

Thank you

Kristina

AB-Net's profile picture

31 May 2021, 21:21

Hi Kristina.

Thank you for answering.

> You cannot delete an institution as long as there are still members in it, including the site administrator. 

I confirmed the operation.

Confirmed that it cannot be deleted as long as there are people who belong to the institution.

I have confirmed that even if I disable the institute, my site administrator can log on without any problems.

May have been my misunderstanding.

Maybe it worked on an older version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

AB-Net.

3 results