Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
I can modify portfolios that have been evaluated

AB-Net's profile picture

23 May 2021, 3:42

Hi,

Students will be able to enter new annotations and feedback for non-standard items in portfolios that have been evaluated by the teacher.

Students can modify the annotation, but cannot send it for evaluation.

Is this normal?

Also, is it possible for a teacher to change the evaluation of a portfolio that has been evaluated by the teacher?

Thank you.

AB-Net.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

31 May 2021, 21:17

Hi AB-Net,

Teachers can change the assessment status of an annotation. However, previous status changes are displayed in the feedback section so you can go back and see what it was before.

As for students being able to add annotations or feedback to annotations, I think that is OK and actually an advantage because they can then still align their pages to other competencies even though their portfolio is logged. An evaluator can spot those new annotations because they will have the blue 'Ready for assessment' circle.

Cheers

Kristina

AB-Net's profile picture

31 May 2021, 22:29

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for answering.

> As for students being able to add annotations or feedback to annotations, I think that is OK and actually an advantage because they can then still align their pages to other competencies even though their portfolio is logged. 

When a student submits a request for a smart evidence rating to a group, they will see a message that they will be locked.
Which part is locked for students?

> Teachers can change the assessment status of an annotation. 

I have confirmed that the rating for individual annotations will change.

Is it possible to change the "pass", "fail", and "review" ratings for the entire release after the teacher evaluates each annotation?

I'm not good at English, and I'm sorry for the difficult expressions.

Thank you.

AB-Net.

23 June 2021, 15:53

Hi AB-Net,

The content of the portfolio is locked when a portfolio is submitted. So the student can't make any changes any more.

If you want to have an overall assessment for a student's portfolio, you might want to look into the submission management that we introduced in Mahara 21.04. There you can give a rating on the portfolio itself upon the release of it.

Cheers

Kristina

AB-Net's profile picture

23 June 2021, 17:48

Hi Kristina,

> The content of the portfolio is locked when a portfolio is submitted. 

Students can edit annotations even after they have submitted their portfolio.

Which part of the portfolio is locked when a student submits the portfolio?

> There you can give a rating on the portfolio itself upon the release of it.

Can teachers modify the valuation of the portfolio itself?

Thank you.

AB-Net.

25 June 2021, 11:07

Hi AB-Net,

Content on the portfolio pages themselves is locked, e.g. the blocks, text blocks, notes, images, image gallery, other files, journal entries etc. However, if for example, a YouTube video is deleted, then you will not see it any more as that is not controlled by Mahara.

Cheers

Kristina

6 results