Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
I can change even after sending to group for evaluation

AB-Net's profile picture

17 May 2021, 5:15

Hi,

I entered an annotation for the smart evidence in the student collection and sent it to the group for evaluation.

You will see a message that you cannot change until the evaluation is complete.

Student can change the annotation after sending it to the group for valuation until the valuation is complete.

Isn't the student locked to the annotation changes after submitting to the group until the evaluation is complete?

Robert Lyon's profile picture

18 May 2021, 11:00

Hi AB-Net,

Thank you for this report.

I've made a bug report for this https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1928731

I'm of the opinion that we should not allow annotations after submission but should still allow annotation feedback

Cheers

Robert

AB-Net's profile picture

18 May 2021, 17:31

Hi Robert,

Thank you for creating the bug report.

I hope the bug will be fixed.

Thank you.

AB-Net.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

31 May 2021, 21:31

Hi AB-Net and Robert,

I answered that question differently on a similar forum post by AB-Net and will add that to the bug report. Not everything is locked on a page when it is submitted. For example, resume fields are not locked an neither is external content to my knowledge. The test refers mainly to text, journal entries, and files.

Cheers

Kristina

AB-Net's profile picture

31 May 2021, 23:49

Hi Kristina.

Thank you for answering.

> I answered that question differently on a similar forum post by AB-Net and will add that to the bug report. 

I have you answer another question.

I was asking separately about the ability to change individual annotations and whether the rating at release could be changed.

I couldn't express myself in English, and it seemed that I was groaning in misleading expressions.

Thank you.

AB-Net.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 June 2021, 15:50

Hi AB-Net,

A staff member who has access to the collection can change the rating / assessment if they like. The statuses are tracked. However, if they released the submitted portfolio, they won't have access to it any more. Thus, they would need to change the status before handing it back to the student.

Thank you

Kristina

AB-Net's profile picture

23 June 2021, 17:59

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for answering.

> Thus, they would need to change the status before handing it back to the student.

I understand.

Thank you.

AB-Net.

Kemoko KEITA's profile picture

04 August 2021, 21:19

Hello

I have a similar problem but little bit different

my problem is that when I submit a portfolio to a group for evaluation, the page gets lock and i can never edit it, even if the page is evaluated released, it still pending on release. it never gets unlocked.

Is there anyone to help me ? to explain what's happening and what to do ?

Cheers

Kemoko KEITA

Robert Lyon's profile picture

06 August 2021, 12:26

Hello Kemoko,

It sounds like the group you are submitting portfolios to has archiving on release set to true. This means that the cron will do the archiving / releasing.

The cron option 'export_process_queue' processes and archives the submission only if the server is not too busy.

So things to check to make sure all is ok:

1) Go to your site's Admin home -> Overview page and make sure that the Site information box says: Cron Running normally

if not then

2) Clear any cron locks from the 'config' database table - they are rows starting with underscore, so can be found via

SELECT * FROM config WHERE field LIKE '\_%';

If there are any please delete them then

3) Check if the export is not running due to server load. There is a function server_busy() in htdocs/lib/mahara.php that checks to see if the server is too busy and delays the export until the next cron run.  If your server is always busy then nothing will be exported.

To check this from command line you can either do 'top' or run the following command to check how PHP sees the load

php -r 'print_r(sys_getloadavg()[0]);'

In server_busy() the threshold is set to 0.5 but if you need a higher threshold then feel free to adjust that number

Cheers

Robert

Kemoko KEITA's profile picture

06 August 2021, 22:51

Hello Robert,

Thank you for answering

I checked all these things. In the group for assessment where I'm submitting portfolios to has archiving on release set  to true. The cron didn't run normally but I fixed it now it is. The config table is empty, there's no cron.

and this command php -r 'print_r(sys_getloadavg()[0]);' to check if the server is busy doesn't print anything.

but the pages and collections are always still in export queue and still locked. They still there until I go there myself to delete them. When I delete them then the page or collection deleted will now released in the portfolio.

I don't know maybe i miss another thing again. Is there anything to release the portfolios automatically in evaluation by the group ?

Cheers

Kemoko

11 results