Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Uprade: mahara-19.04.1 to mahara-21.04.0: installed plugin ... could not be found and has been disabled

06 May 2021, 19:57

Dear all, 

thank you for providing a new mahara 21.04.0 release with new features. 

I upgraded mahara from version mahara-19.04.1 to the version mahara-21.04.0. 
Server-Version: 10.3.27-MariaDB-0+deb10u1 - Debian 10
PHP-Version: 7.3.19-1~deb10u1

It seems the database upgrade worked. But the upgrade ended with the three messages: 
The installed plugin "module: assessmentreport" could not be found and has been disabled.
The installed plugin "blocktype:placeholder" could not be found and has been disabled
The installed plugin "blocktype:verification" could not be found and has been disabled
Your current SimpleSAMLPHP library version is out of date. You need to run "make cleanssphp && make ssphp".

Setting the the blocktypes in the database table blocktype_installed as active is set back by the mahara system with the mentioned notifications: 
The installed plugin "blocktype:placeholder" could not be found and has been disabled
The installed plugin "blocktype:verification" could not be found and has been disabled

Error.log: 
Got error 'PHP message: [WAR] 24 (init.php:486) The block type "placeholder" needs to be installed and be active. If it is already installed, please set it to be active in the table "blocktype_installed" in the database.PHP message: Call stack (most recent first):PHP message:   * require() at mahara-21.04.0/htdocs/admin/extensions/plugins.php:15PHP message: ', referer: mysite/admin/index.php

I appreciate your advices to fix the problem. 

All the best 

• mahara-upgrade-s04-messages-Bildschirmfoto-2021-05-05 um 17.52.00.png.1
Robert Lyon's profile picture

14 May 2021, 10:34

Hi Christiana,

Hmm those plugins mentioned should exist in your copy of Mahara 21.04

There should be files in the htdocs/blocktype/placeholder/  and htdocs/blocktype/verification/ directories

See https://git.mahara.org/mahara/mahara/-/tree/21.04_STABLE/htdocs/blocktype/  for those pugins to see what they should contain

Cheers

Robert

19 May 2021, 4:04

Dear Robert, 

thank you very much for your hint. I found all plugins at their place in my copy of Mahara 21.04.

Owner of the files in the directory and subdirectories /mahara/htdocs was root 644 -
I changed the owner rights to root 755. 

After changing the owner rights I activated the module and the blocktypes in the database again:
table "module_installed" name "assessmentreport" active "1"
table "blocktype_installed" name "placeholder" active "1"
table "blocktype_installed" name "verification" active "1"

Now the installation works (((:

Thank you very much for your support. 

All the best
Christiana 

3 results