Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Group administrators

Stefanie Falck's profile picture

16 April 2021, 23:46

Hello everybody,

we want to add group administrators with the administration menu -> Administer groups. It doesn't work. With entering a name in the search box and click on search, there aren't appear names in the list. So we can't add administrators. You only see there's something change (see on the picture) but no names...

Can somebody help us? Maybe there's an other way (I know the possibility by sending invitation in the group directly) to add admins? We are using mahara 20.04.2.

Thanks for your help and have a nice weekend.

Regards

Stefanie

• add_admins.PNG
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 April 2021, 7:47

Hi Stefanie,

Does the person you want to add have a display name set? Did you try finding them that way? What happens when you try searching for a name that you can see in the list. Can you narrow the search down to them to know what you need to search on?

Cheers

Kristina

20 April 2021, 19:23

Hi Kristina,

I tried to search with the persons name, the e-mail adress - nothing works. The person didn't have a display name.

Also there is no possibilty to narrow down the search. I guess there's something wrong with the mahara update ( to version 20.04). I realise something is working but not shown.

Regards

Stefanie

21 April 2021, 10:31

Hi Stefanie,

Can you please check if you have 'Exact search' turned on in Admin menu -> Extensions -> Plugin administration -> Plugin type: search -> Internal? That would prevent searching for parts of the name anywhere on your Mahara site.

Cheers

Kristina

21 April 2021, 18:57

Hi Kristina,

first I have to say thank you for your help!

I checked this and it's "no", no excat search.

That is such pity because it is not the answer to the riddle.

Regards

Stefanie

23 April 2021, 8:55

Hi Stefanie,

Can you replicate this issue on another site, e.g. a testing or staging site? If not, you can sign up on https://dev.mahara.org and let me know so I can give you more access temporarily.

Cheers

Kristina

6 results