Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Export Queue showing failures

Michael Gray's profile picture

07 April 2021, 2:19

Hello,

When a page is submitted for archive, the export queue is showing as failed.  The student can't edit their page until the queued entry (failed) is deleted which allows the student to then make changes.  It would appear the archiving (zipping) element is not working.  As far as I can tell, php zip extension is enabled in php.ini (php ver 7.2).

The attached jpg file shows a failure example.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike Gray.

• Export-Q-not-zipping-060421.jpg
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

07 April 2021, 8:52

Hi Mike,

Is there anything in the error log that would provide some insight into why the export is failing?

Thank you

Kristina

Michael Gray's profile picture

08 April 2021, 1:29

Hello Kristina,

Thank you for your reply.

The error logs indicated an issue with pdf export & that chrome browser needed to be installed onto the server hosting mahara.

I tried this but still the logs complained of missing chrome.

In the end I disabled pdf export in the config.php file & restarted the httpd service.

Having disabled pdf export, the export process completes without issue.  As the 'pdf export' process was always classed as 'experimental' by mahara, I have left it disabled.

This thread can be considered as closed.

Thanks,

Mike Gray.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 April 2021, 7:53

Hi Mike,

Please check your plugin administration page. By the sounds of it, you haven't installed Chrome browser on your server which is needed to make the PDFs. There is a 'make' command you can use if things aren't fully installed yet. It is mentioned on the plugin administration page if it's not yet happy.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results