Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
"Pending release following archive"

Michael Gray's profile picture

26 March 2021, 6:16

Hello,

Student submits a myportfolio page to their group for tutor to assess.

Page is supposed to be locked for edit until tutor assesses and releases page back to student.

However, assessor receives message "pending release following archive".

Is this normal behaviour?  Concern is that the archive will remove the page from student being able to edit.

cron is running correctly, version is 20.04.02.

Can the page be released without archive?

Regards,

[email protected]

• mahara-pending-release-following-archive-250321.jpg
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

26 March 2021, 7:55

Hi Michael,

You get this message because the group settings require that an archive is made of any submission to the group. Please check the manual for more information. If you do not need to keep an archive of student submissions, you can turn that setting off. The portfolios are not deleted from student accounts. Once the archiving has been done successfully, students can edit their portfolios again.

Cheers

Kristina

Isobel Gordon's profile picture

30 March 2021, 3:37

Hello Kristina

Thank you for the reply. I guess it's the,  'Once the archiving has been done successfully' part I need help with.  We have been using Mahara for many years, but only recently moved up to 20.04.2 in February or so. We haven't encountered the 'Pending release following archive' issue before. When I go to our Archived Submissions page, I can see archives going back to 2016 or so.  But I don't know where to go from here. On the Administration / Overview page it states the CRON is running normally. I'm not finding section '11.5.4. Archived submissions' in the Mahara Manual very helpful.

What route do I need to go down now?

Regards

Isobel

Robert Lyon's profile picture

21 May 2021, 11:41

Hi Isobel,

Before an archive is created it is added to the export_queue table in the database and info for that is displayed on the Administration menu -> People -> Export queue page

Check there those places to see if there are any useful information.

Also the cron processes that queue every 6 minutes so if there are any failures on Administration menu -> People -> Export queue page you can reset them to be queued again and then look at the site error.log file to see what issues there are processing the queue

Cheers

Robert

4 results