Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
How to migrate smart evidence

AB-Net's profile picture

21 November 2020, 15:07

Hi,

I need to create a lot of smart evidence.

Is there a way to move a large amount of smart evidence created in a test environment to a production environment?

There is a smart evidence import function, but it seems that there is no export function, so I am in trouble.

Robert Lyon's profile picture

23 November 2020, 10:28

Hi AB-Net,

Currently there is no code for converting what is in the database back into a .matrix file.

But doing so should be fairly easy as it should be just doing the reverse of the code that does the import.

I've begun a proof of concept here https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/11465/

It's not complete and only deals with un-nested standard elements so far

But hopefully it gives you some pointers on how to get it working for your site.

Eventually, doing a SE export will become part of the system, but just not in the short term

Cheers

Robert

AB-Net's profile picture

24 November 2020, 2:09

Hi Robert,

> But hopefully it gives you some pointers on how to get it working for your site.

I tried to export smart evidence using the method I was taught.

it gives me some pointers on how to get it working for your site.

I would like to either modify the program myself or code the JSON so that I can extract the nested elements.

Thank you for the hint.

AB-Net.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

28 November 2020, 18:58

Hi AB-Net,

You are welcome to take the code that is in our review system and modify it for your needs. If you complete it, you are welcome to update that patchset and add your solution.

If you do not wish to use the online editor to create new SmartEvidence frameworks, but prefer to write in JSON directly, you can do so by following the instructions in the Mahara manual. That will certainly make copying and making small adjustments easier until the export option is available in Mahara core.

Thank you

Kristina

AB-Net's profile picture

29 November 2020, 0:05

Hi Kristina.

I'm considering using the method of writing directly in JSON.

Thank you.

AB-Net.

Paul Raper's profile picture

20 October 2021, 6:13

I am in a similar situation. I would like to move a Smart Evidence Framework that I have created on a test site to the production site. Since we do not have access to the frameworks directly this is the only way we have to create the frameworks.

Is there not a simple way to export the framework as a file, and then simply re-import it into another site?

AB-Net's profile picture

03 November 2021, 15:50

hi everyone,

I chose to write the JSON directly.
It wasn't too difficult for me to write the JSON code directly, as there is sample code in the mahara manual.

It seemed difficult when I first saw the JSON code sample, but it was easy to import the sample as-is.
After that, I modified the sample little by little to get the smart evidence I needed.

I enter the contents of the smart evidence item on the Excel worksheet, use the string combination function, add tags and line feed codes, and paste it into the JSON sample.

Thank you.

AB-Net.

AB-Net's profile picture

06 November 2021, 15:22

Hi,

I'm attaching a screen capture where I'm using Excel to create JSON.
It may be difficult to understand because it is in Japanese, but I hope it will be helpful.

Thank you.

AB-Net.

• 2021-11-06_111928.png
Paul Raper's profile picture

20 October 2021, 20:54

Hi Robert,

Where are you currently with this project?

Best,

Paul

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 October 2021, 10:35

Hi Paul,

We haven't made any progress on this due to other priorities. Since this is a wishlist item without any funding attached and it is possible to create a SmartEvidence framework as JSON file instead of going via the editor, it's not at the top of our priority list.

Thank you

Kristina

12 results