Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Add tabs in Resume

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

24 July 2009, 11:51

I was wondering if someobdy could help me out with adding tabs on the Resume section like the tabs in Edit Profile.  I want to put the conent on its own tab (ex. 5 tabs with the following labels: Contact Info, Personal Info, Cover Letter, Interests, Resume Content).  I don't even know where to look for referencing the Edit Profile section.  If this sounds confusing let me know and I'll try to explain it a little better.
Account deleted

24 July 2009, 19:07

Solved!....... somewhat..... 

I implemented the built-in Spry widget that comes with Dreamweaver.  I included the two file includes (SprySomethingOrOther.css & SprySomethingOrOther.js), that are neccesary to utilize the Spry widgets within Dreamweaver, into the appropriate directories.  To get it to look right I manipulated the CSS data within the css file.  The file I included the Spry widget in was the index.tpl file located in the following directory: root/artefact/resume/theme/default/index.tpl.

However, I would have loved to utilize the way the tabs are implemented in the Edit Profile section. If anybody has any ideas please feel free to add to this topic. 

Account deleted

25 July 2009, 0:17

Hi - the way the tabs are implemented in Edit Profile is a bit haxy (doesn't work without JS, has some  issues), but you could probably borrow the concept and code without too much fuss. The javascript code is in artefact/internal/js/profile.js, and relies on the fact that the profile page is using pieform fieldsets. I think most of the resume is too, but you might have to make some changes there for it to work. You could copy the profile.js to artefact/resume/js, include it on the page and change it to suit your needs. Hope that helps!
3 results