Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Exporting content from institutional mahara to personal Foliospaces

28 August 2020, 1:20

Hi. I have been having difficulty carrying out a full export from our institutional Mahara at Warwick. Here is the response that came to me from our Warwick academic technology team:

"The technical team investigated the issue and concluded that there is no other option for you other than to export individual collections and pages. This is a summary of the issue:
A plugin of Mahara (the CPD plugin) is causing this issue for the All data export for about 56 Mahara users because they created artefacts in Mahara that relied on this plugin. Even if we were to delete these artifacts (with approval of users) from their portfolios in the database, it would not help because when exporting data, Mahara retains content after deletion. The 'All Data' export option processes all content, including deleted content. As this plugin was dropped when we upgraded Mahara in March 2019, this issue will 'phase out' as new users won't be creating content in Mahara anymore that is affected by this plugin.
I am sorry that there is no way to fix the Export all data option for you. You will have to use the export collections and pages option."

I will manage by exporting individual collections/pages but I thought you may be interested to see what I have been told. 

Teresa

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

28 November 2020, 19:40

Hi Teresa,

Thank you for letting us know. I suspect that the CPD plugin doesn't include information to export data. I am puzzled at the reply though that Mahara retains content after deletion. Were only the blocks removed from the portfolio but not the CPD entries themselves? That's the only way that I can imagine that the data would be retained, but then they said they deleted things via the database. You can select multiple portfolios for export in one go, which then only brings along the data that is included in the portfolios.

Best,

Kristina

29 November 2020, 1:39

Hi Kristina, 

The issue for a full export was never solved but I managed to export the content that was most important to me and upload to Foliospaces. As I retire at the end of this month I didn't want to lose the work I had done. Much of it has been created before Warwick had an institutional account for Mahara, from our local Mahoodle for Languages@Warwick. Some of my students reported the same difficulty in exporting from the institutional account but there is little support available institutionally I'm afraid. Anyway I will at least be able to continue to use Mahara after I retire. 

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 November 2020, 10:58

Hi Teresa,

All the best for your retirement! I created a bug report on the plugin's repository.

Best,

Kristina

4 results