Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
How to edit pages in a Collection?

Luke Kanowski's profile picture

20 July 2020, 10:53

The manual shows that if you click the 3 dots below a page or collection an edit option exists. It does exist for pages, profile, dashboard. It doesn't exist for collections (there's not even an option to delete the collection). Inside the collection, I can delete a page, no options exist to edit a page. I obviously do not want to delete a page.

I would post screenshots of my problem, but for reasons, new users cannot post with URLs/ Links, (even though I'm attaching images, the system sees them as links)

Cecilia Vela's profile picture

29 July 2020, 16:01

Hi Luke,

Could you let us know in which section of Mahara are you expecting to see the 3 dots?

If you are in 'Pages and Collections' sections, you'll see cards corresponding to pages or to collections. If a page is part of a collection, you won't see it here. You'll have to go inside a collection to be able to edit the page.

If you are viewing a page, on the top right side you'll see three buttons. The middle one is a pencil, if you click on it you'll be redirected to edit your page.

edit_page.png

Cecilia

Luke Kanowski's profile picture

03 August 2020, 17:32

Hi Ceciia,

Thank you for your response. Inside the collection, I only see the 3 dots. The pencil icon and magnifying icon are 100% not there. Inside the 3 dots there is no option to edit...

Again I would love to attach a screenshot, but new users can't #epicfacepalm

Cecilia Vela's profile picture

06 August 2020, 10:57

Hi Luke,

I'm assuming this is your own personal collection so you should be allowed to edit it. Looking into the code I can see we don't allow to edit a page if the page, or the collection the page belongs to, have been submitted to a group. Could you check if this is the case?

If it's not your personal collection then we should check if your account has the permissions to edit it. Let me know if this is the case, then we should see if the collection belongs to a group and what role you have in this group.

Cheers,

Cecilia

4 results