Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Last login date not displaying on users search

Simon Lewis's profile picture

16 July 2020, 4:27

Hello,

For some reason the last login date is not displaying on this page: /admin/users/search.php

It displayed fine before I upgraded, but now nothing. I feel like I've read about this somewhere, but I can't find anything online. Any suggestions?

Here are the system details:

Upgraded from mahara 19.04.0 to 19.10.3

WAMP stack: MySQL 8.0.16, Apache2.4.43, PHP 7.3

thanks,

Simon

Robert Lyon's profile picture

21 July 2020, 7:33

Hi Simon,

One thing you could check is the Artefact internal settings.

Go to Administration -> Extensions -> Plugin administration page and click on the cog next to Internal

On that configuration form there is a 'Administration user search' section that allows you to turn on / off what columns to show in the Administration -> Users search

hope that helps

Cheers

Robert

22 July 2020, 23:16

Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't seem to be it. On that page there's no tickbox option for logged in column (/admin/extensions/pluginconfig.php?plugintype=artefact&pluginname=internal&type=profile). Also, on the /admin/users/search.php page, the 'Last Login' column is included, but no dates are visible in the table. Strangely though filtering by it does still work. If I select never logged in, it correctly returns the right number (if I compare to last year's values which do display). I can sort by most recent login (which will be me at the top). So it seems to be purely a display thing. I'm wondering if it's due to being on PHP 7.3 thing, so I'll test on 7.2 at some point.

thanks,

Simon

Robert Lyon's profile picture

23 July 2020, 9:49

Hi Simon,

Can I get you to check the database to make sure the data expected actually exists

SELECT id, username, lastlogin FROM usr WHERE lastlogin IS NOT NULL;

to see that the data expected to be displayed actually exists

Also are you using a particular language and / or theme that is different from English / Raw theme ?

Also are the users logging in via SSO or by the internal login box?

Cheers

Robert

23 July 2020, 19:19

Yes, the data is still there in the usr table. 

I have created a theme, but even when I switch back to Raw it doesn't display either.

Users mainly login via SSO.

I checked on the users details page (/admin/users/edit.php?id=1111) and it doesn't display the last logged in value there either.

thanks,

Simon

14 August 2020, 21:38

Sorted! 

In case anyone else has this issue, it's a Windows specific local/lang file fix, which is handily in the FAQs here: https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara/Installing_Mahara_in_Wampserver

Not sure how this didn't appear when I searched online, but anyway, fixed now.

Simon

6 results