Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Collections in a group

19 May 2020, 0:44

Hi

I'm new to this Forum, so please apologize if I ask something that's already answered before.

I'm figuring out how to use a collection with my students. I was planning to create a collaborative collection, in which each student would create a page in his/her profile, share with our group and add it to a collection. But I can't.

The students can share their pages with the group, but i'm not able to add it to a collection, as the author is not the group. I'm able to copy and duplicate them, but I copy them to my profile, not to the group. 

Could you advise me what to do? Am I doing something wrong in the configuration? So far, I have two options in mind, If my first idea is impossible:

1) Each student creates a page, share it with the group I copy it, organize a collection with the copied pages in my profile and share the collection with the group

2) Create a collection and pages within the group and assign each student a blank page in a collection to edit.

Thanks

Antonio Carregal

Robert Lyon's profile picture

02 June 2020, 14:27

Hi Antonio

When a student shares their page with the group if the choose the advanced option to allow copying

see https://manual.mahara.org/en/20.04/portfolio/share.html#advanced-options

it means the group admin can copy the page and it will be owned by the group if they choose copy in the groups "pages and collections" index page (not your own)

Then the copies owned by the group should be able to be added to a collection owned by the group

Cheers

Robert

04 June 2020, 6:25

Hi

Thanks for the answer. I've already tried something similar, I've asked my students to allow copying, but whenever I try to copy it, it copies to my profile (the copy is shown within my personal pages, not my group's pages). So, when I try to add it to the collection, it's impossible because it's not listed on the group's own pages.

I don't know if it has something to do with my Mahara version (I'm using Agueiro, an adapted verson created by Xunta de Galicia - Spain). I've tried to find the exact version I'm using, but I can't find any reference to the Mahara edition they work with.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 November 2020, 12:03

Hi Antonio,

When you want to copy a personal portfolio into a group, you will need to use the 'Copy' button on the 'Pages and collections' page within the group and not the 'Copy' button on a page itself.

Best,

Kristina

4 results