Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara - Sakai integration

07 November 2019, 8:09

Hello,

Our university uses a customized Sakai LMS where the integration with Mahara (login only) is done with LTI : students click on a link in Sakai, and are automatically created and / or logged in Mahara.

Ideally, we'd like to have certain basic functionnalities of a Mahara - Moodle integration, and were wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation and had worked something out, or if documentation was available.

Thanks,

François

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

10 November 2019, 3:06

Hi François,

Mahara supports LTI out of the box (since Mahara 17.04). Are you using that implemenation? Since Mahara 18.10 the submission of portfolios to the LMS is possible. The setup process is described in the Mahara manual. Since I don't have access to a Sakai instance, the setup process is not yet available in the manual. We can include it though if you wanted to contribute the details.

Cheers

Kristina

12 November 2019, 3:06

Hi Kristina,

We're currently on Mahara 19.04 and are using the built-in LTI support to automatically login the users from Sakai to Mahara. We had to edit the "htdocs/module/lti/webservice/functions/module_lti_launch.php" file to get it to work (as described here).

I'll let my team know about the submission / grading of portfolios and if we go ahead, we'll gladly contribute the information.

If I understand the current state of affairs with LTI in Mahara, anything more than user creation / login in and portfolio submission / grading requires development?

Thanks,

François

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 November 2019, 19:42

Hi François,

Interesting that you still had to edit the file when we should be ignoring them as I mentioned on that thread that you are referring to. I'm afraid I don't have access to Sakai to give that a go and see why it wouldn't work.

At the moment, LTI can be established from the LMS to Mahara for authentication and portfolio submission and grading, which is the basic Moodle integration.

Cheers

Kristina

15 November 2019, 3:02

Hi Kristina,

I have a meeting with all the stakeholders next week, we'll see if we go ahead with the portfolio submission and grading and if so, will gladly document and contribute the information.

Thanks for the confirmation of what's possible with LTI,

François

5 results