Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Core upgrade from 17.04.10 to 19.04.1 - Failed to upgrade.

Frank Aldridge's profile picture

08 August 2019, 12:22

Getting an error Failed to upgrade - trying to upgrade from 17.04.10 to 19.04.1- no other information 

As I am a new user I can't include the apache2 error logs that contain links or urls

Failed to get a recordset: mysqli error: [1054: Unknown column 'time' in 'field list'] in EXECUTE("SELECT event, data, time, FROM "event_log", WHERE event = 'createuser', AND POSITION(',"password":"",' IN data) = 0, ")Command was: SELECT event, data, time, FROM "event_log", WHERE event = ?,AND POSITION(',"password":"",' IN data) = 0, and values was (0:createuser), 

Robert Lyon's profile picture

08 August 2019, 13:39

Hi Frank,

It sounds like your upgrade maybe has partially been done before.

Please check the event_log table in the database - if it has a 'ctime' column instead of 'time' column then edit the htdocs/lib/db/upgrade.php file and change the line containing

SELECT event, data, time

to

SELECT event, data, ctime

And that should allow the upgrade to work

Cheers

Robert

Frank Aldridge's profile picture

08 August 2019, 15:14

Thanks Robert,

Now I am stuck with a message - "An upgrade began at 2019/08/08 13:45 and did not complete. Run this upgrade anyway." and when I click on the "Run this upgrade anyway link" it tells me You do not have access to this functionality. Please provide the value for "urlsecret" from your config.php file as part of the URL. - is there anyway to get the upgrade to run without restoring the database starting again?

Thanks

Frank

Robert Lyon's profile picture

09 August 2019, 8:50

Hi Frank,

It sounds like you are trying to upgrade via the web interface (rather than terminal / command line) so you will need find out your urlsecret value - this should either be stored in your htdocs/config.php file or htdocs/lib/config-defaults.php file as

$cfg->urlsecret

and copy that to the upgrade page url, eg if your $cfg->urlsecret = 'tulips';

then

you would need to change the URL to admin/upgrade.php?rerun=1&urlsecret=tulip

If you run the upgrade via the terminal / command line you don't need to bother about the rerun / urlsecret so you can do an upgrade like so:

sudo -u www-data php htdocs/admin/cli/upgrade.php

Cheers

Robert

4 results