Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
New Mahara Mobile App doesn't launch

Roger Emery's profile picture

26 July 2019, 19:07

New app fails to launch.

Android 6.01 / Lenovo P2

Have reported through Google play store.

Patric Lougheed's profile picture

27 July 2019, 9:23

Confirmed... Same issue with Android 9 / LG G7 One

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

27 July 2019, 23:38

Hi Roger and Patric,

Thank you for the report. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We'll look into it asap.

Thanks also for having mentioned it here. I haven't received any message from the Google Play Store and can't see anything in the app dashboard. We'll do some more digging on where they might have ended up.

Cheers

Kristina

07 August 2019, 19:55

Hi Roger and Patric,

Brief update on the issue: We released a new version to the Android store last week that resolves the crashing, but we are having trouble at times to connect to Mahara with both the new and old app. Still working on resolving that. If you could give the new app a quick go though and see if you run into an error message that would be helpful.

Thank you

Kristina

Patric Lougheed's profile picture

08 August 2019, 4:53

I can confirm that the app does stay open now. When I enter the URL of my site is tells me Web services are not enabled. They are enabled and the previous app connected fine to the site which is running 18.04. I also tested on a fresh installed 19.04.1 instance with the same results.

Roger Emery's profile picture

08 August 2019, 8:36

Hi, 

I can confirm that app allows me to get as far as the login screen, but does not connect. No error message, just sits on the login page.

Roger

22 August 2019, 9:04

Hi Patric and Roger,

We did some more digging and it seems that there was a problem with the CORS header. It was not set everywhere and thus under certain circumstances it would allow you to log in and under others not. The header was called when mobile data was enabled before wifi if I remember correctly. There is a patch currently in review that should resolve it. Please follow the instructions if you want to give it a go:

1. Download the latest version of Mahara Mobile from the Google Play Store.
  2. Install patch https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/10261/ on your Mahara test site.
  3. Forget your wifi network. Reenable it. This clears the cache for it.
  4. Test the connection between Mahara Mobile and your Mahara site that has the patch installed.

Thank you

Kristina

02 November 2019, 16:02

Hi Roger and Patric,

The minor point updates released yesterday contain the fix I mentioned earlier for https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1839897

Cheers

Kristina

8 results