Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Archiving of Mahara submissions

Sam Taylor's profile picture

14 June 2019, 8:06

Sharing on behalf of someone who is having issues posting:

Hello all,

We are investigating the archiving feature of Mahara portfolios. We mainly need to archive portfolios so we have a record of assessed work after students leave, but also we are finding some students that are reaching their upper space limit of 4GB.

We have found ways to create and export archives in a LEAP2A format, but so far we have not been able to restore an archive.

We are using the following instructions:

In the bulk import instructions it requires that we reference a bulk export file, but this doesn't allow us to upload the zip file so we are not sure where/how to reference it. Is it a file we would need to give to Catalyst in order for them to put int the right directory?

Have other members of this list had experience of managing Mahara storage space, archiving and/or the restoration of archives that they could share?

Many thanks, Paolo
Paolo Oprandi's profile picture

14 June 2019, 17:44

Sam, thanks for posting this for me. The forum has been returning a Cloudfare error all week. I have been receiving updates from the forum though and so I will be very interested if anyone has any experience of archives and their retrieval. (Edit: and presumably now I have been able to post this, I can continue to engage in this forum discussion)

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

16 June 2019, 20:21

Sorry for the problems you encountered, Paolo. We are trialling Cloudflare and there are still some hiccups by the looks of it. Hopefully, we can iron them out sooner rather than later.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of the issue happening when you wanted to post something.

Kristina

16 June 2019, 20:19

Hi Sam and Paolo,

When you use the bulk export feature, you receive a zip file that contains all the exports. Thus, if you export multiple people, their individual zip archives are contained in the bigger zip file. You can place the overall zip file onto the server and then import that again in another instance of Mahara as described in the import instructions.

If you wanted to restore individual people's portfolios, you'll need to extract the archives for these individuals from the bigger bulk export archive first.

Cheers

Kristina

Paolo Oprandi's profile picture

17 June 2019, 22:13

Hi Kristina,

We got stuck in the  "Bulk import using a bulk export file" section. We are able to create"bulk export file", but we aren't sure where to put it or how to reference it. This may be because we aren't hosting our own Mahara. Will we need to get the "bulk export file" to Catalyst in order to reimport it? Then will we need the path to reference it in the "Bulk export file" field?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for your help, Paolo

23 June 2019, 21:41

Hi Paolo,

Yes, the file for the bulk import needs to be uploaded to the server on which Mahara is hosted and the location to the file on the server entered into the bulk import screen.

Cheers

Kristina

6 results