Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Upgraded Our Development System to Mahara 19.04

04 June 2019, 7:26

Hello,

Last week we upgraded our development system to Mahara 19.04. During the upgrade, my tech person ran into issues with the following plugins: LinkedIn Profile, Embedly, WindowsLive, TwitterTweet, and FacebookLike. It appears the person who worked on these plugins has not touched them in years. So I am being told that we need to find replacements or get rid of the plugins. Some of these plugins are used by a number of courses offered at our university so we cannot just get rid of them. 

Has anyone else had these issues? Is there a plan to get these plugins working in rev 19.04? 

Best,

Melinda

Robert Lyon's profile picture

04 June 2019, 8:38

Hi Melinda,

I'd imagine the compatibility issues / getting those plugins working in v19.04 would be minor (that is assuming the underlying rules for connecting with the third party system are the same).

You could ask on the forum if there are developers willing to take on those plugins to modernize them.

Cheers

Robert

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

04 June 2019, 12:33

Hi Melinda,

All 3rd-party plugins would need a bit of an update to make them compatible with Bootstrap 4. I think the majority of the plugins have a Github repository. You could check there with the original developers. Gregor Anzelj is active but the others may not beanymore.

Cheers

Kristina

Tobias Zeuch's profile picture

20 June 2019, 8:55

Hi Melinda,

While playing around with Mahara inside a docker container, I also had a look at one of the plugins you mentioned: the Linkedin Profile.

I didn't see any Bootstrap-issues but I found some issues in the PHP code, due to changes in the new Mahara version, that were easy to fix. I created a pull request, so hopefully Gregor (as far as I see, he is in charge of the linkedIn Profile plugin) can verify them and udpate the plugin details on the plugi page.

But if you like, I can send a version to you as well so you can go ahead and test them. 

Best regards
Tobias

4 results