Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Resume fields

Russell Boyatt's profile picture

30 April 2019, 20:38

Dear all,

At my institution we've had some enquiries recently about the fields on the 'Resume'.  A number of our users have questioned whether there are sufficient options for some fields (e.g. gender) and whether other fields such as martial status and visa status should be present at all.

Wondered if anybody else had considered altering or removing these fields? 

Thanks,

Russell

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 May 2019, 9:16

Hi Russell,

You are right. Some of these fields are odd nowadays and not really required in a resume. We've hesitated removing them point blank as the question is how to support those that do use them: Will they be turned into custom fields automatically, or would we just drop them or require an admin action to determine whether they should still be available or not.

The resume would benefit from an overall overhaul...

You can comment these fields out in the code though it you like to not display them.

Cheers

Kristina

12 May 2020, 20:38

Hi Kristina,

I was thinking about this issue again after the 20.04 features demo.

I am intending to try and pick up the development work needed to address this issue.  Have been trying to find any relevant bugs in the issue tracker but couldn't spot any.  Am I missing them, or shall I create something appropriate?

Thanks,

Russell

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

17 May 2020, 20:40

Hi Russell,

You may wish to create your own wishlist item for the specific item you are planning on tackling. Here are the ones I could find (the first two are bugs, the remaining wishlist items) tagged 'resume' on Launchpad:

03 June 2020, 20:57

Thanks Kristina.  As discussed at the developer meeting today, I've now created a new bug to add custom field support to the resume.  

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1881868

Russell

5 results