Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Collection Pages into PDF

09 January 2019, 1:43

Dear All,

We have a number of collections created by students which we exported in HTML format. In the interests of open access we want to collate all pages in the collection into a single PDF, keeping the links and the layout (including images) as intact as possible.

Does anyone have any experience with this (a few converters I tried fall quite short of the requirements)?

Regards,

George

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

09 January 2019, 7:21

Hi George,

You can export single pages as PDFs by using the "Print" option found in the "More options" menu (via the "..." button on a page). Expanding that to print an entire collection would be a great idea.

Alternatively, you could also export the portfolio as HTML because that doesn't only preserve the layout and the links but also the actual files and embedded content rather than "flattening" those. In a PDF / print-out, you won't have access to any linked files.

Cheers

Kristina

Jiah OH's profile picture

09 January 2019, 22:22

Hi Kristina,

I asked myself the same question. I tried to export the collection in HTML but I find that the images and files are not exported. Do you know where the problem is ?

Thanks.

Jiah

17 January 2019, 9:05

Hi Jiah,

Files are exported. In some cases though I discovered that they are still linked to the live page instead of the archive. We have an open issue to fix that.

They are though in your files area that is linked off the index page. If they are not, please provide more details on what version of Mahara you are using and a copy of an HTML export in question.

Thank you

Kristina

11 January 2019, 0:19

Dear Kristina,

That's true, but ideally I would like to export it as a signle document (think of it as a TOC block on the left and pages on the right). The ideal solution would have links been local and converted into PDF document bookmarks (although I still have to find a PDF converter that does that). I was hoping that someone from the community might have some experience on this (turns out that HTML is not considered an accessible format while PDF is well-respected on that front).

Regards,

George

17 January 2019, 9:07

Hi George,

I'm not aware of anyone in the community having tackled the exporting of a collection to PDF. I find the HTML export more accessible because it allows access to files linked or displayed in the page thus also allowing videos to play and audios to be played whereas a PDF would not allow for that. ;-)

Cheers

Kristina

6 results