Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
iPad-Video is not shown embedded bit only the a linkt to download shown

17 April 2018, 7:50

I recorded a video on an iPad and uploades it to mahara. When I try to embed the video there only accoures a Link to download it. I would like to embed the video directly in the mahara page. Is this possible?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

17 April 2018, 12:40

Hi Andreas,

I can't test this until Thursday as I don't have an iPad around. Did you ensure that the video extension is allowed? If so, when you select the video in the "Embedded media" block, you only see the URL? Can you please check the page source and see if the video is there? Can you please upload it to demo.mahara.org (or a similar but shorter one) and see if you encounter the same problem there?

Thank you

Kristina

24 April 2018, 8:26

Hi Andreas,

Sorry for the delay. I tested an iPad Air2 on https://demo.mahara.org by having recorded a video on the iPad in .mov format. I can embed it using the "Embedded media" block without a problem on a page. It is displayed along with the download link.

Which version of Mahara do you use?

Cheers

Kristina

24 April 2018, 9:04

Hello Kristina,

I have to do some more testings (when I have more time).

I think it depends on the browser. On an ipad I saw the movie but on windows with firefox I had problems ... will post more information after some more testings.

Patric Lougheed's profile picture

24 April 2018, 10:04

Hi,

Mov extension is a legacy file format and not supported anymore, never really worked on Windows anyway. Renaming the extension to MP4 should solve the problem.

25 April 2018, 16:32

Hello Andreas,

Unless you upload MP4 or Webm videos, the browser you are viewing the video on needs to support the file format through a built-in plugin. For example, WMV videos couldn't be played on Mac or Linux unless you have a browser plugin in stalled whereas it's fine on Windows because it's a Windows media video.

Please see http://manual.mahara.org/en/18.04/administration/extensions.html#blocktype-file-internalmedia for more information, which file types are supported by the built-in video viewer library.

If you encounter any issues, please provide more information on the version of Mahara you are testing as well as the browser and operating system you use.

Cheers

Kristina

6 results