Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Timing Out when Copying pages or collections (3 or more pages)

20 September 2017, 0:47

Hello

I'm on rev 16.10.5.  When multiple (2 or more) people copy the same pages or collections at the same time, the system is timing out (see below). When we train classes, they copy a template at the beginning of the training.  

This issue was happening in April 2016 but was corrected.

Timeout error.JPG

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Melinda

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 September 2017, 9:40

Hi Melinda,

What is your hosting environment please (operating system and version, PHP version, database and version)? I remember that this was encountered by somebody else as well but not with just two students. Knowing more about your environment and also how big the collection was and what was on it would help.

Cheers

Kristina

22 September 2017, 1:01

Hi Kristina,

Here are the answers to your questions:

LSB Version:    :core-4.1-amd64:core-4.1-noarch
Distributor ID: CentOS
Description:    CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)
Release:        7.3.1611
Codename:       Core

PHP v5.4.16

MySQL 5.7.11

I do not know where to find the file size so I am sending you the secret urls for two different scenarios.

Here is my secret url of a large one page template my Art department uses. FYI, this design was done even though I suggested other ways of design. http://www.plymouth.edu/eportfolio/view/view.php?t=okl7YsJ8LxyQnMHVSNRp

Here is a secret url of a collection template: http://www.plymouth.edu/eportfolio/view/view.php?t=hKfiRpDNTJ9bI2vo4z56

Thank you,

Melinda

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

27 September 2017, 14:50

Hello Melinda,

Thank you for the pages. The first one is not available anymore without a login, but the second one doesn't look too complicated or having lots of blocks on the page.

Do you have anything in your error log during the time when you are trying to copy the pages / collections?

Cheers

Kristina

4 results