Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Failed to upgrade on interaction.forum

H. Lekin's profile picture

11 July 2017, 8:50

Hello Robert,

thanks a lot for your quick reply, and Mahara of course.

Meanwhile, I have set 'session.sid_bits_per_character = 4' globally; woks well on my test system.

I am going to update the 'System Administrator's Guide/Requirements' wiki page a little.  Do you plan to support PHP 7.1 in the near future?  Will the MariaDB index issue be handled by the developers or should the fix be mentioned in the wiki?

Moreover, I experience an annoying failure with the XML-RPC authentication plugin:

[10-Jul-2017 17:08:09 Europe/Berlin] [WAR] cc (auth/xmlrpc/lib.php:952) Undefined index: active

Is there a simple way to find out whether such a thing is caused by my unsupported PHP version 7.1 ?

Regards,
H.L

P.S. Can replies to my postings be additionally forwarded to my e-mail account?

Robert Lyon's profile picture

12 July 2017, 8:39

Hi H.L

I'm glad the session change was able to help you

The MariaDB issue will need to be documented as it is a change outside Mahara itself but rather a db specific issue.

Yes we are trying to get Mahara compatible with PHP 7.1 as quick as we can - expect some php 7.1 specific patches soon

The issue with xml-rpc auth is a code mistake and there is a patch to fix it here https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/7869/

Cheers

Robert

12 July 2017, 23:47

Hi Robert,

thanks for the fix.

Now I am able to proceed with
Mahoodle://Integrating Mahara with Moodle  >  3://Advanced SSO: Mahara

After doing that, I experience the following behaviour:

present:
- SSO [still] works, but user is NOT prompted for a password
- user can NOT sign in directly into Mahara
- admin changes user's account 'Authentication method' from '<institution>: moodle xml-rpc' to '<institution>: Internal' manually
- user IS prompted for a password then, and can directly sign into Mahara as well
- unfortunately, with this administrative step inbetween, a new account is created for that user (<username> -> <username+1>)
- the user has to find out its new logon name via SSO, to be able to log in directly; the user might not be pleased to use a new account

expected:
- after setting Parent authority to Internal, a user should be prompted for its password (according to Mahoodle.pdf) w/o administrative intervention
- no further account should be created, if admin manually edits the user's authentication method

Nothing related found in the bugtracker. I hesitate to enter issues there as I run Mahara on an unsupported PHP version.

About the MariaDB issue: All that needs to be done is to set the suitable ROW_FORMAT for this table in the installation routine, I assume.

Regards,
lekin

P.S. Please excuse these strange line breaks; no idea why this occurs.

13 July 2017, 2:03

Hi Robert,

things cleared up partly:

The further-account issue goes back to former accounts left in the database.  Due to the xml-rpc auth error, I had to remove users to delete the institution after the plugin state changed to 'Active: NO', which are in the way now.

The adminisrative authentication-method change was only necessary for the first user account. By changing the authentication-method to Internal for the first user, the authentication-method for all present user accounts were changed too, and new ones get the authentication-method Internal by default now. Nevertheless, for the first user being added, the manual change was necessary, as all accounts were definitely listed with Authentication method:  moodle xml-rpc.

10 July 2017, 18:45

Wrong Key_name; should have been:

MariaDB [mahara]> CREATE INDEX inteforupost_pat_ix ON interaction_forum_post (path (1024));
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.11 sec)
Records: 0  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0

MariaDB [mahara]> SHOW INDEX FROM interaction_forum_post;+------------------------+------------+---------------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+---------------+
| Table                  | Non_unique | Key_name            | Seq_in_index | Column_name | Collation | Cardinality | Sub_part | Packed | Null | Index_type | Comment | Index_comment |
+------------------------+------------+---------------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+---------------+
| interaction_forum_post |          0 | PRIMARY             |            1 | id          | A         |           0 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |               |
| interaction_forum_post |          1 | inteforupost_top_ix |            1 | topic       | A         |           0 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |               |
| interaction_forum_post |          1 | inteforupost_par_ix |            1 | parent      | A         |           0 |     NULL | NULL   | YES  | BTREE      |         |               |
| interaction_forum_post |          1 | inteforupost_pos_ix |            1 | poster      | A         |           0 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |               |
| interaction_forum_post |          1 | inteforupost_pat_ix |            1 | path        | A         |           0 |     1024 | NULL   | YES  | BTREE      |         |               |
+------------------------+------------+---------------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+---------------+
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

05 June 2017, 16:11

Installation works fine after going back to:

• innodb_file_format : Antelope
  • innodb_large_prefix : OFF

cool

Florian Kurrle's profile picture

21 July 2017, 3:03

I have changed the files like in https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/7863/ described. But the error is the same. Is this the way to apply to the patch?

If I use the following, it does not help too php7.0 htdocs/admin/cli/install.php -p=mypw -e=mymail

Florian Kurrle's profile picture

22 July 2017, 1:52

Mahara-Version: 17.04
Ubuntu: 14.04.1
PHP: 7.1 (or 7.0)
MySQL: 5.5.55-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 - (Ubuntu)

'session.sid_bits_per_character = 4' in my php.ini of the domain and ini_set('session.sid_bits_per_character', 4); into htdocs/auth/session.php did not help me.

Using /usr/bin/php5-cgi instead php7.1 did not work, too.

Following Robert Lyons advice, I removed '<INDEX NAME="pathix" UNIQUE="false" FIELDS="path"/>' from install.xml and added the index manually:

ALTER TABLE interaction_forum_post ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC;
CREATE INDEX inteforupost_pat_ix ON interaction_forum_post (path);

Is it correct that the index has the name inteforupost_pat_ix instead of pathix. pathix is the word of admin.xml. inteforupost_pat_ix is the word like the installation script it wanted to do in event log befor failing.

Now installation is finished.

18 results