Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Past Forum Members Receiving Current Forum Emails

29 March 2017, 2:29

Hello,

My university upgraded from revision 15.04 to 16.10 in January. One of my professors has a group with multiple forums.She creates a new forum each spring within the group.  What is happening this spring is members of the group from past forums are receiving emails from this current forum.  For example, Joan a student from 2012 is now get Jackie's (current student) emails.  How can I stop this from happening?  This is not OK because these should be private emails among the class and professor.  In addition, I'm not even a member of this group and I am receiving emails which I never did before. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Melinda

31 March 2017, 2:21

Hi All,

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?  

Thank you,

Melinda

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

31 March 2017, 8:58

Hello Melinda,

If the students from past semesters are still members of the group in which the new forum is created, they will still have access to these forums. If your instructor auto-subscribes students to the forums then they would receive notifications.

If you don't want students from past semesters to receive forum notifications, you should remove the students from the group.

Cheers

Kristina

01 April 2017, 4:08

Hello Kristina,

I understand.

How come I am now getting emails and I am not a member or admin of the group?  I never received this emails before the upgrade. Is it because I am an administrator of the system?

Thank you,

Melinda

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 April 2017, 14:50

Hello Melinda,

Is it forum messages that you get or comments on pages that you had commented on before? If you are not a member of a group and subscribed to a forum, you shouldn't receive messages. This requires further investigation that your local support team should carry out for you. Without direct access to your site and knowing exactly what you received when and whether other people get messages as well, there is little we can do.

Cheers

Kristina

5 results