Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Remove Comment Section

04 March 2017, 11:11

Hello,

We have recently upgraded from 15.04 to 16.10. My user community would like for the Comment Section (that replaced the small feedback section) removed.  They feel it is too large when displaying their pages.  Is there a way administratively, I can remove/hide it?  Also, they would like the small "details" label per block to be removed.  Is it possible to hide/remove this?  I appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Thank you,

Melinda

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

05 March 2017, 18:28

Hello Melinda,

You can move the comments section elsewhere on the page by using the "Comments" block (to be found in the "General" tab in the content chooser). That makes it smaller and more integrated into a page. If you do want to keep it at the bottom but not immediately displayed, you can make a code change and put it into a panel to collapse and uncollapse.

For hiding the "Details" link, please see the discussion at https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=7818

Cheers

Kristina

22 March 2017, 8:02

Hi Kristina,

I do not have a Comment block under "General" in my Content Chooser. How do I add it to my Content Chooser.

Thank you,

Melinda

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 March 2017, 10:28

Hello Melinda,

If you don't see the block, I suspect it is hidden on your instance of Mahara. Go to Administration -> Extensions -> Plugin administration and find the "comment" plugin type under "blocktype" and click the "Show" button.

Cheers

Kristina

29 March 2017, 4:57

Hi Krstina,

Thank you for your quick response.  I have been out of the office unexpectedly since March 22nd. I was able to install it!

Best,
Melinda
5 results