Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara - Moodle Assignment Submission Role Capabilites

Ali Hastie's profile picture

04 March 2017, 3:12

This post is probably for the Developer Forum, my apologies but here it goes...

We use the Mahara Assignment Submission plugin for students to submit their Mahara pages and collections to the Moodle Assignment for assessment.

We have had a lecturer wishing to delete one of the students Mahara collection submissions to the Moodle assignment but was unable to do so. My assumption is that this may crop up more than once in the near future.

With the Moodle assignment module and with the role capability mod/assign:editothersubmission set to Allow, lecturers with this capability are available to edit the students submission and remove their submission if required.

A part from going into the Moodle database and removing the students Mahara submission to the assignment, is there a way to remove the students Mahara submission within the Moodle assignment? Or, as is in thinking within the forum post below, could there be a Moodle capability setting similar to the mod/assign:editothersubmission above? 

Here is my original post to the Moodle Assignment forum:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=348418

Cheers

Ali

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

27 March 2017, 8:57

Hello Ali,

Capabilities have come up in general, but not yet your specific case. I suspect, as Mary, that this just hasn't been implemented that a lecturer can edit the submission since the portfolio is with the student and the lecturer doesn't actually have access to it to make changes in contrast to a file that she might be able to upload.

Since we are moving to LTI and away from MNet (yes, at some point it will happen - maybe earlier for us that for Moodle ;-) ), we are not actively looking into making major changes to the current Moodle plugin. LTI phase 2, i.e. looking into how we can replicate the assignment submission via LTI, will be the first step into going beyond just the SSO for LTI. The Moodle plugin will still be available of course for a while, but right now there aren't any concrete plans to expand it. Of course, funding can usually change that. ;-)

For the time being, reverting the submission to draft and letting the student either make changes or submit a different portfolio would be the way to go I think.

Cheers

Kristina

Ali Hastie's profile picture

04 April 2017, 22:51

Thanks Kristina, I think the we will wait until LTI phase 2 comes into play.

Thanks again,

Ali 

3 results