Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
A Mahara 16.04.3 theme to add a print button and fairly clean printing.

Kevin Rickis's profile picture

06 October 2016, 0:29

Hi All,

I discovered yesterday that the print link had gone from Mahara 16.04.3, well a teacher in one of the schools discovered it I would never have noticed. I saw Paul K's post and the replies and set about working out how to add the print function back as the school needed it.

From the work I did I've produced a minimum theme based on raw to add a print button and print style sheet which can be downloaded from GitHub.

This is more something to play with than a full solution but I hope it will help someone and I have a chance to give something back to the community.

Cheers,

Kevin

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

10 October 2016, 9:53

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for this proof-of-concept. It looks better as it doesn't display all the links everywhere. :-) Would it be a possibility to then put these styles into the regular raw theme so they propagate through to the other themes? Otherwise, people would be required to switch themes.

I would probably put the "Print" button under the "Three dots" menu so as not to make it so prominent because now it seems even more important than the "Edit" button since it occupies the first position. :-)

I added the theme to the list of contributed themes: https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Themes/Contributed_themes

Cheers

Kristina

Kevin Rickis's profile picture

11 October 2016, 4:01

Hi Kristina,

Would it be a possibility to then put these styles into the regular raw theme so they propagate through to the other themes? Otherwise, people would be required to switch themes.

I think it should. I only presented it in this way so that it was clear and not interfering with anything.

I would probably put the "Print" button under the "Three dots" menu so as not to make it so prominent because now it seems even more important than the "Edit" button since it occupies the first position. :-)

I agree, it is there only to make it obvious for testing.

I'm more than happy for this work to be rolled into core if it is suitable.

Cheers,

Kevin

Robert Lyon's profile picture

11 October 2016, 8:45

Hi Kevin

I've taken what you've begun and added it as a patch here

https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/7109/

This adds the css changes to raw theme via the sass css compiling system.

If you are wanting to make notes on the patch / make fixes for it that would be excellent

Cheers

Robert

4 results