Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
After Mahara upgrade user cant access portfolio page

17 August 2016, 13:22

Recently upgraded to Mahara version 16.04.3, running upon MySQL Server Version 5.5.50-Oubuntu0.14.04.1 on an ubuntu server

The reason for the upgrade was because of an issue I had with another recent upgrade resulting in pages becoming locked : solution here : https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=7584

My issue now is the Portfolio Page for a user (me) is throwing errors (Http error 500). 

The user's pages are still there, and using the drop down I can access other functionality (for example the Collections Tab), however without the Portfolio Tab I can't create new pages.

I tried logging in as another user (admin) and found that the admin user has no issues  -everything works fine

I am wondering if the issue has something to do with the number of pages the user has (I have at least a few hundred pages) Is there, perhaps, some kind of limit I have reached? I am not out of server space and the user has not yet reached the File Quota.

Any ideas where to start on this ? Maybe I should roll back to a previous version ?

17 August 2016, 15:30

Anticipating someone's next question ... Error message from Apache log

[Wed Aug 17 13:25:59.604920 2016] [:error] [pid 3108] [client 10.29.6.2:52055] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function group_homepage_url() in /var/www/mahara/lib/view.php on line 3666, referer: http://web1.muirfield-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/mahara/user/view.php?id=3

Aaron Wells's profile picture

17 August 2016, 18:45

Hi Bernie,

Thanks for posting the error message! We've had issues with the "group_homepage_url()" function being out of scope before. It's due to some reorganization of the code that we did in order to improve performance. Basically, there were a lot of library scripts being unnecessarily loaded for every page, and we removed them where they weren't needed. However, there have been a few cases where it turned out that the script did need to be loaded. I haven't encountered this particular error yet, but it sounds like it's of that type.

I'll file a Launchpad bug about this and see if I can pin down how to replicate it. Based on its location in the code, I'd guess that it happens if you're looking at the "My Pages & Collections" block for a user who has at least one page submitted to a group.

The quick and dirty fix is to add this to line 3569 of htdocs/lib/view.php (i.e., towards the top of the "get_myviews_data" function, below the line that reads "global $USER"):

require_once(get_config('libroot') . 'group.php');

Cheers,

Aaron

18 August 2016, 12:32

Thanks Aaron for getting back to me. You are correct, I do have a number of pages submitted to groups ... as well as tons and tons of personal pages.

Anyway, the Quick and Dirty worked a treat. I'm back in business.

Cheers.

Aaron Wells's profile picture

18 August 2016, 16:09

Hi Bernie,

I've filed a Launchpad bug about this, but I wasn't able to replicate it easily. Under normal circumstances, the "multirecipientnotification" module should load lib/groups.php, which is where that group_homepage_url() function gets defined.

Would you mind answering these questions for me?

1. If you go to Administration -> Extensions, and scroll down to the "Modules" section, does the multirecipientnotification module show up as installed and enabled?

2. What version of Mahara were you upgrading from? And what was the one that you were upgrading from before then?

We tried to put in upgrade code that would force the multirecipient module to get installed and enabled, but I'm wondering if maybe we missed some upgrade sequence.

Cheers,

Aaron

21 March 2017, 14:18

Hi again Aaron,

Sorry I didn't reply to your request ages ago ... I didn't notice it until I just revisited this site after my latest upgrade.

Anyway ... the problem came back!

We just upgraded to 16.10.2 and I lost access to my portfolio again.

Using your suggestion I had a look at the multirecipientnotification module and found it was greyed out in the admin control panel. As admin I clicked on it and received the response (something like) "multirecipientnotification is now visible" (it went from grey to black writing). I guess it was off and I turned it on?

Anyway, that did the trick. Portfolios look fine again now.

Hope this helps.

6 results