Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Still Mahara excessive authentifications requests

Jason Dong's profile picture

23 June 2016, 2:20

Hi, everyone

I need your kindly help on the captioned problem. I have studied the those two threads on this topic( one in installation troubleshooting,one in the support forums), but still can solve the problem.

My mahara is running on LAMP environment, CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 php-5.6.22  apache 2.4.20  mysql-5.6.30 and I'v tried  mahara-15.10.3 and mahara-16.04.2

Best Regards
Jason Dong

23 June 2016, 2:28

I looks like I am not allowed to insert a URL or image in the post.( new registered user) I could provide more information if I have the privilege.

Robert Lyon's profile picture

23 June 2016, 8:49

Hi Jason,

Is your issue that you need to keep logging in whenever you navigate about in Mahara?

What happens if you clear the Mahara related cookies from your browser or use a different browser?

There current;y seems to be a problem where the wrong path in the session cookie is getting set somehow and causing this problem.

We are working on sorting out this problem but for now clearing session cookies fixes the issue.

Cheers

Robert

24 June 2016, 2:42

Hi,Robert

Thank you for your reply. Yes, my issues is that I have to keep logging in whenever I navigate within Mahara.

We tried different browers and clear the Mahara cookies, but the same problem remained.

But when we cleared cookies in IE, something awkward happened.After logging in Mahara, a normal Dashboard view appears on the screen, but the brower is still working (the circle is still blinking), then after a while, the screen changed, three login sub-window appeared on the bottom left part of the screen.

Best Regards

Jason Dong

Ghada El-Zoghbi's profile picture

29 June 2016, 11:07

Hi Jason,

I've been trying to chase down this bug for a while now but not getting very far. I fix it in one area and it pops up in another area.

But, when I clear the I clear the browser cookies (in Firefox and Chrome), it resolves it for me.

I haven't tried IE. What version of IE are you using?

Thanks,

Ghada

29 June 2016, 15:58

Hi, Ghada,

Thanks for your effort. I am now using IE 11.420

Best Regards

Jason

29 June 2016, 16:02

Hi Robert and Ghada,

Right now we use Firefox and Chrome according to your advice and it works just fine. But sitll expect your good nows of resolving this problem. Good luck.

Best Regards

Jason

29 June 2016, 17:03

Hi Jason,

We have observed that when:

* $cfg->wwwroot

in:

* config.php

does not have a trailing '/', this issue is more likely to arise.

Please make sure that you have a trailing '/' at the end $cfg->wwwroot:

i.e. $cfg->wwwroot = 'https://yoursite.com/';

Cheers,

Ghada

02 July 2016, 14:22

Hi, Ghada

We added the trailing and the problem solved.But this sounds like a magic, such things are supposed to work in a logic way. Some times address with a trailing is wrong and sometimes it doesn't matter.

Thanks a lot for your kindly help.

Jason Dong

02 July 2016, 18:32

Hi Jason,

There is logic in the code to take care of the trailing '/' but obviously there is a bug somewhere.

We're still trying to get to the bottom of it.

I'm glad to hear it's solved your issue.

Cheers,
Ghada
12 results