Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Export print from webbrowser disable url file in pages

22 June 2016, 14:51

I want to disable url file in pages at print on webbrowser (Ctrl+p)

Ghada El-Zoghbi's profile picture

24 June 2016, 23:07

Hi Sathit,

Can you please provide more information about your request? I'm not sure I understand the issue.

Thanks,
Ghada
Aaron Wells's profile picture

27 June 2016, 11:08

I think what we're talking about, is that if you try to print (on paper) a Mahara portfolio page, our CSS print stylesheet displays the URL of every link in the page. We've had a long-standing bug on Launchpad about improving the print stylesheet, but it has never been a high priority, so it has stalled for a long time. https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/692769

It may be possible to use a /local/theme/raw/static/style.css hack to override the default print stylesheet to turn those URLs off.

Here's a picture of what it looks like (I did "print to PDF" and then took a screenshot)

Selection_122.png

In this example page, that "Text" block demonstrates what I think is the valid use-case for printing the URL of a link. If it's linked text inside of a block of text, then printing the URL is a useful bit of information. I.e., if you had actually written this up in MS Word to print out, you might actually write out the URL like that, unlike all the other URLs on the page.

Cheers,

Aaron

29 June 2016, 15:36

I use mahara version 15.10.3, and my user want to printing portfolio on web browser (Ctrl+P)

Remark  I can't insert image for issue, but image issue like Aaron Wells post below

4 results