Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Image file cannot display or download

denny jenny's profile picture

07 June 2016, 11:59

When I Installed Mahara 16.04 or 15.10 or 15.04 on Ubuntu Server 14.04 or 12.04 using MySQL or PostgreSQL, all function is right except image file.Image files in Content File or Site Files and profile pictures can be uploaded sucessfully, I can get it in dataroot,but in Web page download.php and thumb.php cannot get image file,click image file link,it can be downloaded sucessfully but cannot be opened using anying software,it is a invalid image file,why? 

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

07 June 2016, 16:43

Hello Denny,

Do you have all necessary dependencies installed and file permissions set correctly?

You can find the installation instructions at: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator's_Guide/Installing_Mahara

Cheers

Kristina

denny jenny's profile picture

07 June 2016, 18:18

I installed necessary software and Mahara in accordance with the System_Administrator's_Guide.

download.php and thumb.php cannot get image file,so these image cannot display in page ,but these image file can be download to computer by link in Files,then these image file cannot open by any softwares.

today I use another server to try again,only install necessary softwares and not modify default configurations,this problem does not appear.

I did not find which unnecessary softwares or configurations for Mahara affect this problem.

Thank you!

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

07 June 2016, 21:44

Hello Denny,

Good to hear that you could install Mahara correctly on another server. I don't know what could have caused the issue on the first server. Maybe there was something corrupted in any of the downloads or the operating system itself.

I hope you'll not have issues on your new server.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results