Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Mahara Portfolio assignment - Moodle 3.0

17 May 2016, 2:11

Hi All,

Mahara Portfolio assignment (Moodle assignment type).

Has anyone successfully installed this on Moodle 3.0 ?

Thanks

Bob Ridge-Stearn,

Newman University, Birmingham.

17 May 2016, 4:03

Yes, I did. I am using this since some months, working as expected.

Sometimes had troubles unable to select a view for an assignment (didn't show up). Simply copying the view in Mahara (to v.2) solved this.

Moodle using latest 3.0.4+ (using git), Mahara 16.04 out of box (at the moment)

Ghada El-Zoghbi's profile picture

17 May 2016, 8:00

Hi Bob,

Are you having problems with the install?

Can you share with us some of the error messages from your logs (both Moodle and Mahara )?

Thanks,
Ghada
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

17 May 2016, 13:54

Hi Bob,

Emilie did. Please find some of her questions at https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=7598 Are these your questions as well or is it something different?

Cheers

Kristina

14 July 2016, 0:42

Sorry for the lack of a reply Hermann, Ghada and Kristina, I was hoping for some positive news but we still have not got the Mahara Assignment Submission plugin installed on our Moodle.This is not really a technical issue rather it has slipped down the job list of our IT Services Dept. Initially they had been reluctant to install it since it relied on mnet to connect Moodle and Mahara but I believe that concern has now dissipated. I’ll let you know if and when we have them linked.

Best wishes,

Bob Ridge-Stearn

15 July 2016, 8:29

Hello Bob,

Currently, MNet is the only way to get the plugin or any Moodle-Mahara connection to work out-of-the-box. In the future this should be done via web services etc., but that is not yet available in core Mahara (or Moodle). We have been working towards that by implementing a connection manager and making SAML available in core Mahara. There is also a prototype for the assignment submission plugin to not rely on MNet, but it's not yet available.

If you'd like to help testing that plugin on your test server (best use either Mahara 16.04 or master, please let me know and I can get the code for you.

Cheers

Kristina

na li's profile picture

03 March 2017, 22:15

Hi Kristina,

We have installed the Mahara assignment plugin on Moodle3.1, and we are using Mahara 16.10.1.

I've configured the settings and the SSO is working fine. Students can login to Mahara through Moodle.

But while the students use the mahara assignment, on the add submission page, it is always saying: 

You have no available Mahara pages or collections. Please click here to visit "Mahara" and create a new one. But the students do have a lot pages just created, haven't submit to any other assignments yet.

We used the Mahara assignment last year and it worked fine on Moodle 3.0. This year, we installed the Mahara assignment plugin on Moodle 3.1 and did the same settings. But it cannot work.

Would you please help with this?

Many thanks.

Best wishes,

Lina

05 March 2017, 18:33

Hello Lina,

Did you activate the "subscribe" setting for the assignment submission plugin in the network settings for your Mahara peer? Are the portfolios of the students submitted to other assignments or groups in Mahara already?

Cheers

Kristina

na li's profile picture

06 March 2017, 21:41

Hi Kristina,

Yes, I have activated the "subscribe" setting in the networking Mahara peer setting.

Here's the link for the screenshots about our settings: https://connect.xjtlu.edu.cn/user/na-li/mahara-assignment-issue

Would it be helpful for you to do troubleshooting if I can create a test account for you to access to our Moodle system to check the Mahara assignment issue? If that would be helpful, I will send you the test account information.

Many thanks.

Best wishes,

Lina

23 March 2017, 10:44

Hello Lina,

The settings look correct. Are the students able to roam to the Mahara site? Can they log into Mahara via Moodle in general?

Do you have any error messages in your Moodle and Mahara logs when you try to log into Mahara via MNet and when you load the assignment page?

Cheers

Kristina

18 results