Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Installation Problems

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 June 2009, 7:22

Hi,

I'm having Trouble with Mahara and IIS6.0. I realise this isn't a supported configuration but I was wondering if anyone had any advice regardless.

I followed the advice in this thread but found that the patch suggested had already been incorporated as part of the latest version of Mahara (1.1.5).

When installing, I only get as far as this:

Where it sits forever doing nothing. I checked the MySQL database and all the tables are created, as well as all the files in the MaharaData folder I specified in the config.

Any ideas?

Account deleted

23 June 2009, 18:55

Hi - maybe you're having the problem that David Rodriguez was having at the end of that thread? Might be time to crank out firebug or examine your server access log to see whether the JSON requests being made are working?
Account deleted

24 June 2009, 3:13

Hi Nigel, thanks for your reply.

I now understand why it isn't working, however It isn't clear what David changed in the JSON so that IIS would serve them correctly.

On a side note, we put Mahara on a Debian box to test and it works perfectly. We are very impressed.

Account deleted

24 June 2009, 3:31

It appears that the JSON is executing correctly.

Firebug returns:

GET http://portal/mahara/admin/upgrade.json.php?name=core&sesskey=     200 OK 30.01s          Packed.js (line 2346)

It just doesn't appear to move onto the next part of the installation.

Account deleted

24 June 2009, 23:20

Hm, well I'm afraid I don't have any other ideas - it is Windows/IIS after all!

If you find something more, let us know though, maybe we can come up with a patch.

5 results