Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Bulk export import failing

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

05 February 2016, 8:04

I did a bulk export of users from a 1.10 server and tried to import into a 15.10 server , an unrecoverable error appeared and only a few users were imported. Please help.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

05 February 2016, 13:35

Hello Barry,

What does your error log say? "Nonrecoverable error" is too generic to know what might be going on. Usually, a more explicit error message is sent to the error log.

It could be many things: Not enough space, missing plugins, wrong file...

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

05 February 2016, 18:15

Hi Kristina

Thanks for you speedy reply. This is the actual error "

"Mahara: Site unavailable

A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system"

of the 77 users exported in bulk, only 17 users are imported and lots of duplicates are created with the same name and email addresses and some users not imported.

Thanks for the advice, you are right, the new server is missing some plugins that were on the old server. Will check on that. Are you saying the new server needs to be exactly identical in terms of the type of plugs?

11 February 2016, 22:11

Hello Barry,

I think you should fill in a bug report form on the tracker. Mahara doesn't like when plugins are missing when upgrading, dealing with Leap2A, or importing exported users.

I had some trouble with the upgrading process with older version of Mahara (1.10, 15.04), and the programmers patched Mahara to avoid problems of this kind when upgrading.

I presume some improvement has to be done for importing users as well.

Also, it is a good thing to back up your environment before upgrading and importing Leap2A files, in case of something bad happens.

-dajan

Niklas Frost's profile picture

28 March 2019, 21:55

Hi! Trying to do the same with 2 accounts. Migrated them from an older Mahara 16.10.3 to 18.10
The admin/users/bulkexport.php worked fine!

It created a file:mahara-bulk-export-1553757848.zip

that has an inner structure:
Level 1
Folder mahara-bulk-export-1553757848
 Level 2
   folder: users        with  Level 3 folder:  u_   with the 2 test accounts Leap2 zip files 
                                          mahara-export-leap-user87-2019-03-28_08-24_OSFZuUJbfAL9C10G.zip
                                          mahara-export-leap-user336-2019-03-28_08-24_wXGoEhWYvrAuIb6O.zip

file usernames.csv

I put the zip file: mahara-bulk-export-1553757848.zip  in the same folder as the bulkimport.php   --- that is,  in admin/users/and gave it same ownership as the php files in that folder : www-data:www-data     I even tried  go give that file permissions  777

And then I  go to   admin/users/bulkimport.php

I choose institution ( I tried both options with the same result)
and type in the 
bulk export file - field =>   mahara-bulk-export-1553757848.zip

Email users about their account - filed   => NO

Result: 

test-portfolio: Site unavailable

A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system

So. Is there a log somewhere I could look into?
Or shoud the bulk-exportfile be put somewhere else before the script runs? 

Thankful for any advice!!
Mvh Niklas
Niklas Frost's profile picture

28 March 2019, 23:01

Solved!

The Ubuntu-server needed to have php-zip installed. It works now!

Best Regards, Niklas
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 March 2019, 11:23

Hi Niklas,

Great that you found the issue. If you encounter the "nonrecoverable error" in the future, always check the error log as that will have more information, which we would need to investigate the issue. We do not post the actual error messages on a live site to keep the issues secure.

If you have a test server, you can deactivate production mode (in the config.php file) and then error messages will be printed to the screen, and you don't have to track down the error log.

Cheers

Kristina

7 results