Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Access denied to artefact files

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 October 2015, 7:58

Hello! I am running Mahara 1.6.2 solely for personal use on a shared server (through A2 Hosting). This setup has worked for 3 years until at least early September to my knowledge, when I did some backups in preparation for upgrading to Mahara 15.x. No installation scripts were run at that point.

This weekend, I discovered the links to all of my artefacts (files) are broken.  The site pages display just fine, so I know the htdocs are talking to postgreSQL.  Even the "details" pages of my artefacts display perfectly, but when I go to download an artefact (as a public user), I'm now prompted to login to Mahara.   Whether I login with my user or admin credentials, I can navigate the admin menus, but all of artefact links produce an error screen: "Access denied. You do not have access to view this page."

I've confirmed that nothing has changed in my datastore's path in config.php and the permissions of the datastore directory were not changed either (777). I've confirmed the artefacts are still zipped within the datastore.  I'm at a loss to determine what happened, but would very much like to restore those links.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 October 2015, 23:18

Please disregard. I uploaded a new file which worked fine, and realized that somehow the older artefacts had been recursively zipped during a backup process.  The filename and paths were all correct, so unzipping them recursively did the trick. 

2 results