Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
File(s) to download - order of artefacts

Teresa Brady's profile picture

07 October 2015, 14:16

Hi,

We have some students that are adding a File(s) to download block - and adding their artefacts in the correct order. However, when they save the block, the order is incorrect - not displaying in the order they added the artefacts, or even in alphabetical or order.

When a File(s) to download block is added, does the order artefacts displayed in it rely on:

• alphabetical?
  • order of creation?
  • order (date) of upload (into files area)?
  • order of file type?
  • order added to File(s) to download block?

When I added some .docx files (named File A.docxFile B.docxFile C.docx and File D.docx), and placed them in their own folder in the Files area, they displayed correctly in the order I added them.

When I chose random files (.mp4, .pdf, .docx and .jpg) from different folders, they incorrectly did not display in the order I added them.

Kind regards,

Teresa

07 October 2015, 17:42

This is in Mahara 1.9

OK - more investigation - if the files are put into their own folder in the Files area, then they can be added in whatever order you want - works as is expected (in a new File(s) to download block).

If the files in question are added into a folder, then you try to use the old File(s) to download block, then you get the same issue.

Adding the files to a folder in the Files area only works if you use a new File(s) to download block.

Anybody else with this issue?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

07 October 2015, 21:40

Hello Teresa,

Just a quick reply as I can't do more extensive testing at the moment. In the Files to download block, the files are displayed in the order in which they are selected for the block. That order shouldn't change on its own.

Cheers

Kristina

Aaron Wells's profile picture

09 October 2015, 11:03

I thought I'd mention there's also a wishlist item for this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/732462

09 October 2015, 14:10

Thanks for getting back to me, Kristina and Aaron.

Looks like it just may be a bug in our system.

The workaround for us is to put the artefacts in their own folder, then add them to a new File(s) to download block.

We are upgrading to 15.04 soon. :-D

5 results