Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
LDAP user sync error messages

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

31 July 2015, 1:22

Hi,

I'm using Mahara 15.04.2 on Ubuntu Server 14.04. I've configure it to use LDAP for authentication, which works perfectly. I then configured User Sync, which works, but it generates thousands of errors that read "Ldap record contained no employeenumber field to map to DB studentid". I've confirmed that only about eight users of roughly 8,000 LDAP accounts do not have the employeenumber attribute.

Normally I would not care too much, but the job is running very long, largerly because of the these error messages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

01 August 2015, 4:25

Hello John,

Have you tried adding the 8 numbers and seeing how long the job runs and whether there are any other error messages? A developer would know if there is anything in the sync that could be optimized.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

01 August 2015, 5:09

Thanks, Kristina. I'll give it a try. It would surprise me because of the great number of error messages, but worth a try.

John

Account deleted

01 August 2015, 5:39

Nope, it made no difference. I'll keep exploring anomalies in LDAP, but if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

John

Account deleted

01 August 2015, 5:55

I believe I've figured out the problem, although I have not tested it yet. I suspect these errors are caused by the fact that 'employeenumber' is not available to anonymous LDAP searches.  About to test.

Account deleted

01 August 2015, 6:11

Yes, that was the problem. Needed to bind as an admin rather than using anonymous, which of course makes sense.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

01 August 2015, 6:54

Hello John,

All the best with your test. Let us know how it goes.

Cheers

Kristina

7 results