Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Upgrade from 1.5.1 to 15.04.1 mysqli Error

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

24 July 2015, 23:24

Hi,

Hopefully you can help with the database upgrade error that I come across. Please see the error message below.

Luke

~~

mysqli error: [1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'group' at line 1] in adodb_throw(SHOW INDEXES FROM group, )

Call stack (most recent first):
  • adodb_throw("mysqli", "adodb_throw", 1064, "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the ma...", "SHOW INDEXES FROM group", false, object(ADODB_mysqli)) at /var/www/html/mahara/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php:259
  • ADODB_TransMonitor("mysqli", "EXECUTE", 1064, "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the ma...", "SHOW INDEXES FROM group", false, object(ADODB_mysqli)) at /var/www/html/mahara/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php:1071
  • ADOConnection->_Execute("SHOW INDEXES FROM group", false) at /var/www/html/mahara/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php:1046
  • ADOConnection->Execute("SHOW INDEXES FROM group") at /var/www/html/mahara/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysqli.inc.php:335
  • ADODB_mysqli->MetaIndexes("group") at /var/www/html/mahara/lib/ddl.php:588
  • find_index_name(object(XMLDBTable), object(XMLDBIndex)) at /var/www/html/mahara/lib/ddl.php:359
  • index_exists(object(XMLDBTable), object(XMLDBIndex)) at /var/www/html/mahara/lib/ddl.php:1322
  • add_index(object(XMLDBTable), object(XMLDBIndex)) at /var/www/html/mahara/lib/db/upgrade.php:2083
  • xmldb_core_upgrade("2012041004") at /var/www/html/mahara/lib/upgrade.php:359
  • upgrade_core(object(stdClass)) at /var/www/html/mahara/admin/upgrade.json.php:86
Account deleted

28 July 2015, 3:30

With the assistance of my colleague who is a DBA.

I have reverted to a snapshot and tried to upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.6.10 which worked.

During the upgrade process I encountered the error message

"A column of your database is using a collation that is not the same as the database default. Please ensure all columns use the same collation as the database.

DBA FIX

Launch MYSQL

use mahara;

ALTER DATABASE mahara CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;

Account deleted

28 July 2015, 3:33

I have now tried to upgrade from 1.6.10 to 15.0.4 and receive the following error

Failed to get a recordset: mysqli error: [1054: Unknown column 'path' in 'where clause'] in adodb_throw( SELECT DISTINCT id FROM "artefact" WHERE path LIKE '%/832/%' OR path LIKE '%/834/%' ORDER BY id, ) Command was: SELECT DISTINCT id FROM "artefact" WHERE path LIKE '%/832/%' OR path LIKE '%/834/%' ORDER BY id

get_column_sql(" SELECT DISTINCT id FROM {...") at /var/www/html/mahara/artefact/lib.php:1789
    artefact_get_descendants(array(size 2)) at /var/www/html/mahara/artefact/lib.php:1295
    ArtefactType::update_locked("17") at /var/www/html/mahara/lib/db/upgrade.php:3118
    xmldb_core_upgrade("2012080626") at /var/www/html/mahara/lib/upgrade.php:359
    upgrade_core(object(stdClass)) at /var/www/html/mahara/admin/upgrade.json.php:86

That's finish time here in the UK, hopefully I will figure it out quickly with a fresh set of eyes tomorrow.

Account deleted

28 July 2015, 19:53

I've successfully upgraded to 15.04.1 by patching one release at a time.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 July 2015, 14:13

Hello Luke,

Did you try updating directly to Mahara 15.04.2, which is the latest security update in the 15.04 series? Or do you encounter the same problem there?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

29 July 2015, 20:07

Hi Kristina,

Sorry I made a typo in the title of this post and then subsequently throughout the post... not enough coffee?

I encountered the same problem with 15.04.1 and 15.04.2 when trying to upgrade from version 1.5.10, 1.6.10, 1.7.8. After 1.7.8 I stopped trying to upgrade from 1.x to 15.x and just installed one major release at a time. The successfull upgrade path for me was 1.5.10 > 1.6.10 > 1.7.8 > 1.8.7 > 1.9.7 > 1.10.5 > 15.0.5.2.

I will be doing the same process again for our production server in the next two weeks.

Thanks,

Luke

Account deleted

07 August 2015, 21:03

HI Guys.

Please help, I am also getting the same error for a clean installation of Mahara 15.04.2 on WampServer. my server information is as follows:

Apache Version :2.4.4  

PHP Version :5.4.12 

MySQL Version :5.6.12  

When i run my installation i encounter the following error, please assist.

:( mysqli error: [1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'group' at line 1] in adodb_throw(SHOW INDEXES FROM group, ) 

• adodb_throw("mysqli", "adodb_throw", 1064, "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the ma...", "SHOW INDEXES FROM group", false, object(ADODB_mysqli)) atC:\wamp\www\mahara\lib\adodb\adodb.inc.php:259
  • ADODB_TransMonitor("mysqli", "EXECUTE", 1064, "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the ma...", "SHOW INDEXES FROM group", false, object(ADODB_mysqli)) atC:\wamp\www\mahara\lib\adodb\adodb.inc.php:1071
  • ADOConnection->_Execute("SHOW INDEXES FROM group", false) atC:\wamp\www\mahara\lib\adodb\adodb.inc.php:1046
  • ADOConnection->Execute("SHOW INDEXES FROM group") atC:\wamp\www\mahara\lib\adodb\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php:335
  • ADODB_mysqli->MetaIndexes("group") at C:\wamp\www\mahara\lib\ddl.php:588
  • find_index_name(object(XMLDBTable), object(XMLDBIndex)) atC:\wamp\www\mahara\lib\ddl.php:359
  • index_exists(object(XMLDBTable), object(XMLDBIndex)) atC:\wamp\www\mahara\lib\xmldb\classes\generators\XMLDBGenerator.class.php:248
  • XMLDBgenerator->getCreateTableSQL(object(XMLDBTable)) atC:\wamp\www\mahara\lib\xmldb\classes\XMLDBTable.class.php:799
  • XMLDBTable->getCreateTableSQL("mysqli", "", false) atC:\wamp\www\mahara\lib\xmldb\classes\XMLDBStructure.class.php:726
  • XMLDBStructure->getCreateStructureSQL("mysqli", "", false) atC:\wamp\www\mahara\lib\ddl.php:748
  • install_from_xmldb_file("C:\wamp\www\mahara\lib\db/install.xml") atC:\wamp\www\mahara\lib\upgrade.php:355
  • upgrade_core(object(stdClass)) at C:\wamp\www\mahara\admin\upgrade.json.php:86
7 results