Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Changing the domain name for my Mahara site

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 June 2015, 0:32

Hi,

I've been managing a Mahara site on the domain www.thelearninglink.org for a while but today I changed the domain to www.unpeaceworks.org, keeping the hosting and all files exactly the same. When I go to the new domain I can log in and see my dashboard but if I try to go any further it tries taking me to the old domain and says that the webpage is not available. I can't event access the administration section to see if there's a place to change the domain name and I've looked through a lot of the HTML files, including config.php, to see if there's somewhere I can change the domain name but I can't see it.

I'd be really grateful for any help that anyone can offer on this, I'm really stuck and it's part of my job to make sure that our community of practice doesn't go down like this.

Thanks very much!

Dominic :)

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 June 2015, 1:36

I've fixed it. The old domain name was associated with the database and that was causing the problems.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

25 June 2015, 13:44

Hello Dominic,

Great that you figured this out yourself. The wwwroot is in the database. When you move your database, that entry just needs to be deleted. In Postgres that would be done with the following for example:

delete from config where field = 'wwwroot';

Cheers

Kristina

3 results