Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara Installation

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 June 2015, 4:01

Can someone please help me with my installation of Mahara.  I have downloaded Mahara installation files and uploaded it to our server (description below)

• Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
  • Server type: MySQL
  • Server version: 5.5.35 - MySQL Community Server (GPL)
  • Protocol version: 10

with the database name cl51-mahara
    I've copied the installation files to my public_html folder and created a folder called maharadata outsite the rootfolder.
    I then configured the config.php by adding the dbname,user,password and rootfolder as well as directory where it is at. My root folder is : public_html and I have Moodle running from this folder as well.  So I want to integrate Moodle and Mahara.
    When I want to install Mahara I get this message:"Mahara requires permission to create database triggers, but is unable to do so. Please ensure that the trigger privilege has been granted to the appropriate user in your MySQL installation".
  • Please help me.  Thank you.
Robert Lyon's profile picture

09 June 2015, 9:36

Hi Nolan,

Mahara requires certain tables in the database to have triggers/procedures added to them for Mahara to function correctly.

This normally means you need to grant all permissions to your database, eg:

GRANT ALL ON `cl51-mahara`.* TO dbuser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'dbpass';

Where dbuser = the user you connect to mysql with and dbpass= the password you connect with.

If you are unable to grant all privileges to the database cl51-mahara you'll need to get a database user that can to run the grant privileges line, eg root.

Cheers

Robert

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 June 2015, 16:26

Hi Robert

Thank you very much for your reply. I am new to databases,as you will notice. So I create tables in my database ,cl51- mahara. I will try this.  Thank you once again.
3 results