Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Dashboard + Profile page locked

Bas Bakker's profile picture

21 May 2015, 8:03

For some reason the dashboard and profile page of a user's portfolio are locked. As  admin I also have no access to these pages. What could be the cause of of this and what can I do to solve this problem?

22 May 2015, 3:40

The problem seems to be related to the LinkedIn plugin. When students connect to the LinkedIn API the page freezes and student can't visit other pages that have the LinkedIn connection. Student can not edit the page anymore. The problem only occurs with recently added users. Users that have connected to LinkedIn two weeks ago don't experience this problem.

Anyone with the same experience with the LinkedIn plug-in?

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

23 May 2015, 6:24

Hi Bas.

Do you happen to have any error logs?
Which version of Mahara is this?

23 May 2015, 8:06

Log has many similar error messages in the following format:

[Fri May 22 17:44:16.966XXX 2015] [authz_core:error] [pid 17442] [client 46.0.195.185:35XXX] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /home/xxxx/public_html/.htaccess

version is 1.10.0

Jim Judges's profile picture

17 June 2015, 0:57

Hi Bas and others...

Did you resolve this problem?

Does anyone know if the LinkedIn plugin still work?

Thanks

Jim

17 June 2015, 9:47

Hi Jim,

The problem was that LinkedIn changed their API on February 12th 2015. These API changes came into effect on May 12th 2015. Another problem is that some of the users might still have valid tokens for two months (60 days) at most.

In my situation the problem only occured with newly added users. Not sure whether the problem will occur to all users after the tokens will expire.

The solution would be to update the LinkedIn plugin. Gregor Anželj has updated the plugin recently. It should work, however I was not able to test it yet.

I don't know whether installing the new version over the old one would solve the problem without breaking the link to the LinkedIn profile of the user. In that case users should revoke the connection and connect again to their LinkedIn profile. To do this users should take the following steps:

1. log-in into their LinkedIn accounts, go to "Privacy & Settings" (which is accessible from drop-down menu in top right corner, when they click on their profile image) and revoke access to the application (Mahara or the name that you gave your application).
  2. then they should visit the page in Mahara that contains linkedin block and they will be prompted with form to allow Mahara the access to their linkedin data
  3. After allowing they will be able to see Mahara pages that contain linkedin block

Does anyone tested the updated plugin already? Would like to hear their approach to update the plugin.

6 results