Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problem when clicking on someones name to view them?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

01 June 2009, 10:05

Hi,

First off thanks for a brilliant tool. I have just installed alongsid my moodle install and they are happily talking to each other. I only seem to have the one problem.

When a user logs on and then clicks on recent users who have logged on or if the user asks for a friend request they get the following error... 

Fatal error: Class 'HTMLPurifier_AttrDef_HTML_Bool' not found in /var/www/mahara/lib/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier/AttrTypes.php on line 20 

I have no idea what this could mean?

Could anyone help out?

Thanks 

Account deleted

01 June 2009, 23:34

That sounds like you have missed uploading some file to your Mahara installation? It's defined in lib/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier/AttrDef/HTML/Bool.php. Is that file in your install?
Account deleted

02 June 2009, 2:38

Hi Nigel,

I do have that file in lib/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier/AttrDef/HTML/Bool.php the only difference being that my folder is called html and not HTML, not sure if the case matters.

That file looks like this... 

<?php

/**

* Validates a boolean attribute

*/

class HTMLPurifier_AttrDef_HTML_Bool extends HTMLPurifier_AttrDef

{

protected $name;

public $minimized = true;

public function __construct($name = false) {$this->name = $name;}

public function validate($string, $config, $context) {

if (empty($string)) return false;

return $this->name;

}

/**

Thanks 

Account deleted

02 June 2009, 5:40

One thing I have noticed is that if the user has a pictur in their profile, that will show?
Account deleted

02 June 2009, 17:38

Yes it will, is that a problem?
Account deleted

03 June 2009, 1:34

Sorry, I meant all that appears is the picture, then the same error as previously mentioned!
Account deleted

03 June 2009, 2:55

Hi - actually, I just saw your other post about the folder being called 'html' - on linux, folders and files are case sensitive, so you might want to change it back to HTML and see if it works?
Account deleted

03 June 2009, 4:27

I changed the case from html to HTML which then creted the following error! 

Fatal error: Class 'HTMLPurifier_AttrDef_HTML_ID' not found in /var/www/mahara/lib/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier/AttrTypes.php on line 23

I wonder if the case of another folder is wrong?

Is there a file somewhere that would show me where I could see where this one is looking?

thanks 

Account deleted

03 June 2009, 17:38

That class is in lib/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier/AttrDef/HTML/ID.php. So it's in the same folder - maybe check the file name to make sure it is ID.php?

All those HTMLPurifier_AttrDef_HTML_* classes are in that same directory I think. Here's the output of 'ls' for that directory for me:

nigel@mahara-1-1-stable:~/mahara/htdocs$ ls lib/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier/AttrDef/HTML/
Bool.php  Color.php  FrameTarget.php  ID.php  Length.php  LinkTypes.php  MultiLength.php  Nmtokens.php  Pixels.php

Maybe it's worth making sure all those files have the same capitalisation as the listing above?

Account deleted

04 June 2009, 3:00

Yep, the case was wrong on ID.php?

Strange as I just installed it as per instructions and never went near this folder!!

Then when I changed it I got another error in the PHP.ini.

To save any more questions I'll reinstall again from the start.

I did install mahara on the same machine as moodle, so this time I'll install on a seperate machine to cut down on the chances of this happening again.

Thanks for all the help Nigel. Laughing 

12 results